How to lose weight in 2 months?

Options
Hi peepz,

I'm yuva, gave birth to a baby girl 6 months ago via c-section. i hv put on about 5kg after my delivery. I dont feel comfortable since i'm shorter. Therefore, i'm too determined to start my diet plan and aerobic classes. Yesterday was my first day. I planned to workout atleast 3 times a week for abt 50 minutes every session. My calorie intake for a day is about 1100 calories. Do you think i can loose 10kg in 2 months with the method i'm following now?

Cheers,
yuva

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Hi peepz,

I'm yuva, gave birth to a baby girl 6 months ago via c-section. i hv put on about 5kg after my delivery. I dont feel comfortable since i'm shorter. Therefore, i'm too determined to start my diet plan and aerobic classes. Yesterday was my first day. I planned to workout atleast 3 times a week for abt 50 minutes every session. My calorie intake for a day is about 1100 calories. Do you think i can loose 10kg in 2 months with the method i'm following now?

Cheers,
    yuva

that's 22 lbs in 2 months. that's quit a bit of weight, that's over 2.5 lbs (over 1kg per week). I would probably shoot for something a little more reasonable IMHO, but it's up to you. 1100 cals a day is pretty low, admittedly, I don't know your numbers, but still that's really low for someone who's probably still nursing.
  • jenuwine
    jenuwine Posts: 57
    Options
    I agree 1100 caloies is very low, I believe the minimum for an adult is 1200, if you eat less than this your body will go into starvation mode and HOLD fat. If you are still breastfeeding, you also need to add more for that.

Eating healthy, and regularly, as well as ecercising and drinking lots of water, the weight will come off.
    Goodluck!! And congratulations:drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I agree 1100 caloies is very low, I believe the minimum for an adult is 1200, if you eat less than this your body will go into starvation mode and HOLD fat. If you are still breastfeeding, you also need to add more for that.

Eating healthy, and regularly, as well as ecercising and drinking lots of water, the weight will come off.
    Goodluck!! And congratulations:drinker:

to be clear, it isn't 1200 calories that sends someone into starvation, that can happen at far higher calories than 1200, starvation mode is the point at which your body is burning more energy that it can generate by the combination of food and stored fat. I.E. the less fat you have, the smaller the deficit you need to begin the famine response. When the body starts modifying it's metabolism to account for reduced calorie output. 1200 calories is simply the number that the World Health Organization came up with for women after doing a world wide study and averaging all females, that number is based on MICRO nutrients. In other words it's the average minimum a female in the world needs in order to stave off vitamin and mineral deficiencies that cause malnutrition.
  • peggy1952
    peggy1952 Posts: 46
    Options
    Sounds like you might need more calories for sure and working out 3X a day, WOW
    I think you are going to do well in your weight loss but give yourself a little slack and
    make your weight loss program more of a life style change then an exercise and low calorie
    diet or you might set yourself up for failure.