Runtastic App

Options
Hi All. I have been using the Runtastic app on my android phone, but recently I've been noticing that it isn't tracking my miles as accurately and my GPS doesn't pick up right away. So I'm having to manually add miles back in to keep track.

Has anyone else been having this issue? Also, any recommendations for alternative running apps? I also use the app for biking.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I haven't used Runtastic (I do have a heartrate program I think is from them, though), so I can't speak to your issues. I downloaded map My Run. I've only used it once, though, so I can't speak to issues there, yet, as I'm just starting to get outside more for my runs.
  • reneek21
    reneek21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Could it be your signal in your area? I"m using runtastic on iphone 4 and sometime the GPS will lose signal and then alert me "GPS signal found". Doesn't happen often, but when it does, I notice it's in an area with lots of trees. I know sounds weird- but it that's what I've noticed.
  • forestplay
    forestplay Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Trees will certainly affect GPS receptions as the little radio that get info from satellites needs a clear view of the sky. There's a bunch of them up there so sometimes it will work even when it doesn't have a clear view of the sky. Tall building, canyons, trees and the roof of my house all seem to affect my GPS reception. They probably affect you too.
    -Bob
  • Tomhoffman84
    Options
    Nike Running is pretty solid, even when the GPS on the map doesnt work as well, its still rpetty accurate at keeping mileage/pace