Why I love you all

Options
Hi all.
For the past year or so, I have been really struggling. With eating, my weight, life, everything. I went from 148 lbs at the end of January to 108 lbs at the end of March, by eating about 300 calories a day and working out about 3 hours a day. My mom, bless her soul, made me realize what I was doing to myself. She also found out about my self-harm habits and took away anything I could use for that.
She has helped to fix me so much, and for the past month, I was really happy for the first time. But lately, I have been feeling myself slipping back into that hole. Not food-wise, thank god, but I think it really is a control issue. I also really do think I have depression or some other psychological disorder. I just don't have the will to keep up relationships with people or do any activities I used to love.
That's where you guys come in.
I would like to thank everyone at MFP so much for just being there for me, and I'm glad I have people that will make sure my food issues don't come back, and people I know I can talk to about anything.
Thank you guys so much, just having people here means so much like you wouldn't believe it.
Thank you.

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    We love you too!
  • pammypam
    pammypam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hang in there..I say through tears. I know it's hard, but I will make it with everyone's support and love
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i know we have never talked before, but your story is inspiring.
    i suffered from an eating disorder before, but i came onto MPR - and the only ones that inspired me enough to change my ways were the ones that were willing to just say "i'm here for you" and "hang in there, i have faith in you."

there were other members that shoved their articles in my face as if a scientific synopsis could really force me to "snap out of it." i know how you feel - and i will hope, more than anything, that you get better and feel back to your old self again.

this site has become more than another weight loss tool.
    it's like another outlet, another support, another friend to lean on.

add me if you want. :)
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. You have to watch my new favorite TV show. It is, so sadly, only 6 episodes, but I loved every minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz8SGBmaRow

Being a teenager totally sucks. Life gets better, I swear. In the mean time, please seek out professional help. There's no shame in therapy or taking anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds. They are so helpful for getting your life back on track. Good luck, Ballchick.
  • mspasdechat
    mspasdechat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but I love you too. Stay strong ~
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!! btw I have 14 guitars:)
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    God Bless our mums:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :heart:
    thank you for reaching out and sharing your story
    you will have a healthy life:heart:
  • meleani
    meleani Posts: 7
    Options
    I can relate to the depression -- I see it all the time in my husband, who takes medication for his depression. And we are at a point in our lives that keeping a positive attitude is a daily struggle, but one I am determined to win. You can do this, sweetie....love yourself enough to not go back to your self-harming habits. You mentioned it is a control issue -- if you were talking about your own self control, then I lovingly encourage you to take control! :0) Easier said than done, I know....but just know that your MFP friends are all here for you, willing to encourage and answer questions any time you need it. Please feel free to friend me if you are not already on my friend list -- yea, one of the nice things here is when you sign up and log in daily, you get lots of friends requests :0) So I've lost track of who I have and who I don't have - guess I could go look at the list, huh? LOL! Hang in there sweetie!