First post!!!

Options
lulz14
lulz14 Posts: 36 Member
Hi guys! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Issue is: I am not noticing any results!

My diet hasn't been bad MOST of the time prior to starting MFP, it was more binge eating huge calories a few times a week and portion sizes.

But now: I have been tracking calories etc. for around 45 days now. I log most things, and average around 1000 - 1300 calories, realistically I'm eating a bit over that so 1200 - 1500 a day on average once I add the little snacks here and there, alcohol etc. but 100% confident I am not eating over 1500 calories 6/7 days of the week.

Been going to the gym 3 - 5 days a week for around three weeks, I have a PT so work fairly hard (about three days of 15 min x treadmill warm up and 40mins of weight machines/lunges/squats etc and then 1 - 2 days of treadmill, 4% incline at 5.5km/hr.)

So I think I am working quite hard! I weigh around 220lbs, female, 23, so have a fair bit of weight to lose.

Trouble is I am barely noticing a difference. I feel "better," like I am doing the right thing, exercising etc., but my clothes aren't looser, people don't notice, I feel I look exactly the same in the mirror.

It's very very disheartening because I feel I am working really hard, and getting no results.

Thoughts?

Replies

• mspasdechat
    mspasdechat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Losing weight is a long, sad, annoying battle with a fabulous prize at the end.

What does your calorie count consist of? Are you trying to eat fresh, unprocessed foods? Whole grains? Fruits and vegetables? Might I also suggest you measure yourself instead of focusing on the scale? Sometimes the scale doesn't tell the whole truth...you might notice more of a difference if you take measurements of your arms/legs, etc. and then re-measure every few weeks.

Maybe incorporate more cardio into your routine as well. Not right away, but slowly...try to go for a few minutes more every week.

Not sure if any of my suggestions are actually useful or accurate...just trying to help!! Good luck, you'll do great. People lose weight at different rates. Don't get discouraged, stay focused, stay beautiful and my best wishes go with you :)
  • korgale
    korgale Posts: 3
    Options
    You have only been going to the gym for 3 weeks. It takes longer than that to start seeing results. You also aren't logging everything you eat, so you really can't say how many calories you are taking in. You are drinking alcohol which dehydrates you and causes nutrient malabsorption, which lowers your metabolism. Drink a gallon of water a day. Supplement with fish oil and a multivitamin. Find a maintenance calorie calculator online and calculate your resting metabolic rate. You want to be in a caloric deficit; so subtract 250 from that number, and you have a starting daily calorie goal. Start with a diet that is 20% fat 35% carbs and 45% protein. If you lose more than 2 pounds per week, either up your carb percentage or raise your caloric intake. If you gain or maintain weight, lower your intake by another 250. Invest in a good handheld body composition monitor. Pick one day out of the week (and one day only! ) to weight yourself and monitor your progress. Weight yourself at the same time each day. ( I weigh myself as soon as I wake up, completely naked so my clothes don't alter the numbers ). Also, research, research , research! You are on here, so you have access to the internet. There are tons of websites, youtube channels, and databases dedicated to fitness, so get cracking.