Day 5 of Drastic Calorie Reduction Diet and NO RESULTS!

Options

Replies

• AnneEngland1958
    Options
    Hi

I'm 5ft 8in and I weigh about eight pounds more than you - and my BMI is at the top of the healthy range! I plan to lose maybe another six pounds if I can. Do you really need to lose that much? Weight can fluctuate day to day. And, as virtually everyone else has said - you're not eating enough!
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    What exactly were you expecting to happen after 5 days?
  • LeaWarwick
    LeaWarwick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you have calculated your ideal daily calorie allowance, weigh your food on a food scale for a much more accurate account of your calorie intake. Cups are great for liquids, but not so good for solid foods. Also, there can be a huge difference in the size of a celery stick, or mushroom, so this can lead you astray. Good luck :)
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to drop lower then 150 at 5'10? I'm an inch shorter and thats where I try to maintain.

My suggestion, eat more(like1500-1700 calories) and lift! You may not drop weight as quick, but you will drop fat and inches/sizes.

Last time I weighed 150, I was wearing a size 10. Now at 150(or even a little higher) I wear a size 4-6. BIg difference and the only thing I did was eat less, and move more by doing cardio and lifting weights.

This!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    three things:

1. LOL @ a 5 day sample size, show some damn patience otherwise you will fail

2. LOL @ people claiming starvation mode has already set in

3. Don't do a gimmick diet. Use a reasonable daily deficit.

This ^

Eat more so your body can actually drop the weight in a healthy way, be patient (give it a month or more to let yourself adjust). I net 1500 cals a day, sometimes more depending on exercise, and have been dropping weight just fine for months. There is zero need to starve yourself on any kind of 'drastic diet'. Good luck losing the weight and reaching your goals! :D
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Who knew that 5 days of dieting couldn't erase years of eating?
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    To echo others maybe at 5ft 10" and 150lbs you are already at your ideal weight. I can relate to your frustrations as I've been cutting back on food and upping my exercise considerably since the start of the year and lost nothing. Last Sat night I went away with my sons rugby team, drank FAR too much wine and although I had a full breakfast next morning ate nothing else for the remainder of the day but drank loads of water. Monday morning I had lost 4lbs since Friday. Monday I didn't eat much ie under 1000 cals, same yesterday and today I've lost another 1.5lbs.

I KNOW it's probably water weight and i KNOW that it's not sensible and I KNOW it won't last but for now, it's just so wonderful to see the scales going down at last and I'm wondering if my body just needed a break. Maybe I was eating too much even though I'd done my TDEE/BMR etc. So Im trying to stick to eating less for this week then back to normal and see what happens!

Maybe you need a break in routine!
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but are you kidding me?!

1. 5 days is nothing, as someone said before, learn patience.
    2. DRASTIC CALORIE REDUCTION said it all for me, figure it out or go see a doctor because that is just stupidity to be eating that little and exercising.
    3. Men lose weight much easier and faster than women so stop comparing yourself to him
    4. 150 for 5'10" is a fine weight! I wouldn't even try to lose. If all of the fat is in your midsection, do some weight lifting and ab exercises and tone your mid section

If you don't know how to diet, go talk to a doctor or nutritionist, because this is NOT the way to do it... :grumble:
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Who knew that 5 days of dieting couldn't erase years of eating?

I want to LIKE this. :laugh:
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    What results were you expecting in 5 days?? A quick fix is not the answer. I would eat in a way that will work long term not for short term results. I would eat more, exercise more (strength training etc) and not weigh yourself all the time. Do this for 2 weeks then weigh yourself.
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    HMMM, try maybe 5/600 cals a day.

NO JUST NO!!!!

I'm guessing you want to lose fat and not weight (fat, muscle, water, bone) Strength exercises will build lean muscle that promotes fat loss

if you want to lose weight go for it but you'll notice that you become flubbier and saggy as you lose muscle.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Arent you already at your ideal weight for your height? http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/ideal_bw_women.htm
    If you still want to be smaller it is going to be tougher to lose weight. Exercise and EAT SOMETHING!
  • vbarcok
    vbarcok Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think you are eating to few calories as well, up them to at least 1200. Sometimes when you are as close to your ideal weight as you are, the weight comes off a lot slower, so be patient.
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    a diet or reduction in calories will make a smaller version of yourself

If you want to lose FAT and change your body composition you need to hit the gym and lift weights the more lean muscle you have the faster your metabolism will burn calories.

A restricted calorie intake will help you lose weight but losing weight equates to muscle bone water and fat. Our goals should be to lose fat and become fitter and healthier.

Build a new and better lifestyle rather than a temporary date unless you want to yoyo for years to come.

Get someone to measure your body fat % and use that as your guide rather than your weight
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you don't need to lose weight at all. Perhaps you should focus on toning up what you've got.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the quick responses. I really appreciate it and I apologize if I irritated anyone. I have read a lot of mixed information regarding metabolism slowing down and the body going into "starvation mode". My husband isn't working out and he is dropping weight every day and the scale is at the same number for me. So, I just wanted to see if others thought I should give it more time OR if I should up the calories. Once again, thank you for the response!

I'm your height, weigh a WHOLE bunch more (my goal weight is higher than your starting weight) and I found that even just cutting back to 1600 calories a day caused my metabolism to slow down dramatically (I had it tested to get real numbers).

Eat more and be patient.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Five days is not enough time to see results.
    And 700-900 calories is not enough food! :noway:

I'm 5'8" and had my best success eating around 1800 calories a day. Drastic calorie cuts only give your body a reason to store fat, not burn it. Food is fuel!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Find your TDEE & BMR & eat in between - preferably about 10-15% off your TDEE since it seems you don't have a lot to lose. Exercise (grab some weights!), drink water, get good rest, have patience.
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    At 5'10' and 150 I would like like a skeleton! I am 5'10.5 and I look my best at 168-175! If you are concerned about your midsection, then eat cleaner, eat more calories, do HIIT and weight training and that should help you shed fat around the midsection. I think you need to lose fat not overall weight because 150 is fine. Besides that if you gain muscle and lose fat you might just gain weight but lose pant sizes.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    you are eating far too little, your body is starving and hanging onto every calorie of fuel for dear life. Change it to 1500-1700 calories a day and you'll see progress.

Agreed, you are not consuming enough calories and your body has gone into starvation mode. You're eating very healthy food, just need to eat more. I suggest upping your calories. You shouldn't be any lower than 1200.

You will see results. It just takes time and patience. I wish you the very best.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Lmao 5 days!! Youll have to wait more like 5 months to see results not 5 mins!!!

Also eat an extra thousand calories on top of what your eating to fuel your exercise!!

Good luck :)