Day 5 of Drastic Calorie Reduction Diet and NO RESULTS!

Options

Replies

• Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Give yourself more time and maybe have a nutritionist look at your eating.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    eaaaattt waaaayyy morree!!
    like you'll lose weight now but then it'll just spring back on after as eating that little isn't sustainable
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5 days? And you honestly expect to see some results??

WOW! You would have hated to have been me! For the first month that I changed my food and exercised more I actually put on weight!!!

Realistically you have been given some EXCELLENT advice in this thread. Patience is essential and making sure that you actually eat the right amount and the right balance of foods. Just dropping to 700-900 Calories isnt going to magically make your weight drop off. If you are going to do it, do it right!!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    First thing, try to net 1200 calories through diet and exercise. Secondly you are not too heavy for your height (and I don't know your build so I am guessing a little on that front that you'd be an hourglass shape).

When you are at a healthy weight it takes a lot longer to lose lbs, you have to work harder to do so and wait longer. 5 days is not even enough for someone overweight to really know if there has been any progress so if an overweight person should wait longer then so should you. Don't weigh yourself for the next two weeks so that you can see some real progress.

Glad you are making healthy choices for yourself, keep it up!
  • RavenWolf1977
    RavenWolf1977 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Five days is NOT enough time to see results and you are already under goal weight. You do not need to lose any weight you need to tone up. I suggest adding in yoga, planks, and other core exercises.

I've started taking up hula hooping, which is also supposed to help whittle the middle.

Make sure you are eating enough calories. My sister wound up in the hospital and almost died from eating to few calories. She has permanent damage and will never be the same. I urge you to eat enough. It is so very important.

Also, many women have a bit of a pooch in the belly area. You are not abnormal and are your own worst critic. You most likely already look amazing.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I agree that the OP needs to eat more (I seriously would be chewing off my own arm with an intake like that), but I don't *necessarily* agree with those saying that she shouldn't lose any more weight because of her height. I'm 5'9 (just an inch shorter) and my original goal was 150, but here I am now at 130, having discovered that my frame is actually much smaller than I thought it was. There's a very wide range of acceptable weights, that produce near-identical healthy/fit body shapes, for every height. Everybody's body is different.

Losing more weight might be reasonable for this poster ... BUT the way she's going about it is very unwise. Just sayin'.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I refuse to listen to people complain if they are at anything less than 2 weeks. If you expect results in less than 5 days you are crazy.
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Time to lift some weights, dude. Sounds like you want to reshape your body, rather than need to lose weight. Eat more and lift heavy things!

I second this
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    maybe youre just not eating enough. I upped my calories and I lost weight.

I know it sounds crazy, but it does work.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein, eat your exercise calories back (you're already dangerously low)

If you insist on eating so little, make sure you eat plenty of vegetables and multivitamins so that you can hit your micronutrients

Try eating a regular healthy meal twice a week to help stave off the inevitable slow down of your metabolism from eating so little, even more so if you're doing a lot of working out.
  • shelre
    shelre Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you for making so many healthy lifestyle changes at once!! I agree you need to up your calorie intake. But you could also be putting on muscle with the extra exercise you are doing. You might find that you will lose inches and not weight. :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, the muscle will start melting off in no time. That was your goal, right?
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    5 days are u srs
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    The real problem is you didn't listen to Dr. Oz and detoxed. :happy:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am on my 5th day of a drastic calorie reduction diet and haven't seen any results ... None! Just to give you some background, I am 31 year old female. I weigh 150 and I am 5'10". I carry all of my weight in my midsection. In the last three years I've gradually seen the scale creeping up with a weight gain of approximately 15 pounds. I have finally decided to do something about it.

Previously, I was eating a lot of proceseed food and not making wise decisions. Many days the menu was low in fat, but really high in empty calories. I would generally skip breakfast all together with the exception of my Venti Skinny Caramel Machhiato. I know loaded with empty calories! Lunch was whatever was close to the office and quick, usually take out sushi. Multiple cups of coffee throughout the day with flavored fatfree creamer or more Starbucks or Diet Dr Pepper. Dinner well while cooking my husband and I would slice up sharp white chedder, asiago and manchego cheese with triscuts and then finish with a large portion of pasta and wine, ok I will be honest a bottle of wine. That's a separate issue all together. NO WONDER I GAINED WEIGHT. Much easier to see now typing it all out. I never consumed water never and I usually had about 4 diet sodas a day.

In the last five days I have been extremely dilligent tracking all of my food and making much healthier decisions. I have been drinking atleast a 2 liter of water and usually more than that. I have not had any alcohol or any soda.

For breakfast I usually have 2 cups of coffee with fat free organic milk, one large egg and 'Healthy Life' light multigrain english muffin and 1 tblspoon of pace chunky salsa. Lunch I have 1/2 cup of fatfree cottage cheese and 5 cherry tomatoes OR I will have a fresh spring mix salad with one stalk of celery, 5 mushrooms, 5 cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, 1/8 of an avocado, brocco sprouts and a can of albacore solid white tuna in water - no dressing. Snack I have a Gala apple if hungry - many days I don't feel I need a snack. Dinner I have 4 oz of boneless skinless chicken tenderlion cooked in PAM and seasoned with Italian seasoning, 2/3 cup of Nasoya Pasta Zero Plus, mushrooms, onions and brussel sprouts cooked in skillet with PAM spray a pinch of salt, lots of cracked pepper and italian seasoning. According to my tracker I am consuming approximately 700-900 calories a day.

I usually use the stationary rower for 30 to 60 minutes a day alternating 5 days a week. I walk about 2 miles a day, but at a casual pace.

My husband is dropping weight just by getting out of the bed, but the scale has stayed the same for me. Why is this?

Thank you so much for any responses! This is my first post and I apologize for the length I just wanted to provide as much detail as possible.

I am 5'10", and weigh 165 lbs. I don't do drastic calorie restriction and have lost 17 lbs and 2 sizes since January 1. My advice to you might sound harsh, but it's the truth: calorie restriction is a foolish and dangerous approach to weight loss. You are also at a height were 150 lbs is an ideal range. I have set my goal to 150 lbs as my LOWEST desirable weight.

If you want to fix your belly, do core exercises to strengthen your muscles. You can't spot lose or reduce, but you will appear tighter and flatter if you work your core/abs.

And lastly, DON'T let anyone tell you that what you're doing is "okay", because it isn't.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to drop lower then 150 at 5'10? I'm an inch shorter and thats where I try to maintain.

My suggestion, eat more(like1500-1700 calories) and lift! You may not drop weight as quick, but you will drop fat and inches/sizes.

Last time I weighed 150, I was wearing a size 10. Now at 150(or even a little higher) I wear a size 4-6. BIg difference and the only thing I did was eat less, and move more by doing cardio and lifting weights.

LOL. I'm 5'3, weigh 152, and am in a 4-6 as well. I've only lost 10lbs since Christmas but 2 sizes. Love that muscle!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    LOL @ people claiming starvation mode has already set in

werd.

curious tho...where are you in your monthly cycle? I have 1-2 wks a month, no matter what I do, my body will not let go of anything. The following two weeks, I lose like mad. You don't have to answer here, just something to consider in your future efforts.

I also wouldn't expect anything more than water weight either, in that time frame.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am on my 5th day of a drastic calorie reduction diet and haven't seen any results ... None! Just to give you some background, I am 31 year old female. I weigh 150 and I am 5'10". I carry all of my weight in my midsection. In the last three years I've gradually seen the scale creeping up with a weight gain of approximately 15 pounds. I have finally decided to do something about it.

Previously, I was eating a lot of proceseed food and not making wise decisions. Many days the menu was low in fat, but really high in empty calories. I would generally skip breakfast all together with the exception of my Venti Skinny Caramel Machhiato. I know loaded with empty calories! Lunch was whatever was close to the office and quick, usually take out sushi. Multiple cups of coffee throughout the day with flavored fatfree creamer or more Starbucks or Diet Dr Pepper. Dinner well while cooking my husband and I would slice up sharp white chedder, asiago and manchego cheese with triscuts and then finish with a large portion of pasta and wine, ok I will be honest a bottle of wine. That's a separate issue all together. NO WONDER I GAINED WEIGHT. Much easier to see now typing it all out. I never consumed water never and I usually had about 4 diet sodas a day.

In the last five days I have been extremely dilligent tracking all of my food and making much healthier decisions. I have been drinking atleast a 2 liter of water and usually more than that. I have not had any alcohol or any soda.

For breakfast I usually have 2 cups of coffee with fat free organic milk, one large egg and 'Healthy Life' light multigrain english muffin and 1 tblspoon of pace chunky salsa. Lunch I have 1/2 cup of fatfree cottage cheese and 5 cherry tomatoes OR I will have a fresh spring mix salad with one stalk of celery, 5 mushrooms, 5 cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, 1/8 of an avocado, brocco sprouts and a can of albacore solid white tuna in water - no dressing. Snack I have a Gala apple if hungry - many days I don't feel I need a snack. Dinner I have 4 oz of boneless skinless chicken tenderlion cooked in PAM and seasoned with Italian seasoning, 2/3 cup of Nasoya Pasta Zero Plus, mushrooms, onions and brussel sprouts cooked in skillet with PAM spray a pinch of salt, lots of cracked pepper and italian seasoning. According to my tracker I am consuming approximately 700-900 calories a day.

I usually use the stationary rower for 30 to 60 minutes a day alternating 5 days a week. I walk about 2 miles a day, but at a casual pace.

My husband is dropping weight just by getting out of the bed, but the scale has stayed the same for me. Why is this?

Thank you so much for any responses! This is my first post and I apologize for the length I just wanted to provide as much detail as possible.

Why do you have to do a drastic calorie restriction diet? You have 20 lbs you'd like to lose. You are currently in a healthy weight range. Would it be so bad if you lost 1 lb a week average and it took 20-30 weeks?
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    Five days isn't enough time to expect "big" changes. Measuring yourself vs your husband doesn't make any sense, given the differences you will have in metabolism, body make-up, age, gender, etc... And you are WAY under-eating.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Eat more.