I hate being fat, i'm close to giving up!

Options
Help me guys! Any motivation? :( I want to cut down 10kg off my body in a month, is it even possible? I want to be fit! My legs are big

Replies

• Muchmoretogive
    Muchmoretogive Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    HI DO NOT give up you will only regret it later on Keep motivated try sticking to a routine of daily exercise with 1 day off [per week, if you find it harder to get up and motivate yourself to do exercise i recommend doing it first thing in the morning. Thats exactly what i do as in past by the time P.M comes i literally have to force myself to get up and start my routine. At first i found exercise hard and a chore but i LOVE the buzz once i have completed it, especially if i have pushed myself extra hard.

You WILL lose weight it just takes time and dedication, as long as you are not eating over tdee you will not gain weight.
    If you want to add me as friend feel free :)
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert but I have a pretty good eye for beauty. You are a beautiful girl and do not look big. Your legs look fine in your pictures in your profile. I do not know if you have gained weight since then or not. You could start lifting weights to get more of the body you desire and go on a normal diet if you still feel like you need to lose weight. Don't try to lose 20 lbs in a month at your size. I think you are more concerned with your body fat percentage and it takes diligent exercise to combat that. Someone else may be able to explain that better than I can.
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ten kilos in a month is a alot!!! I'd love that to happen to me, too, but I learned that it is not really possible unless you starve yourself. It is 2,5 kilos per week, how is that possible? Take it easy. Start eating healthy, working out and give yourself a week or two and you will see changes. As you keep going, changes will be better. I work out regularly now and my body is so much stronger than it used to be, it is nice to feel strong. I have not lost much weight but I am feeling good and i know I will get there, slowly but surely.
  • Leanalgreen
    Leanalgreen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Jenn,

First of all, you have to realize that you are beautiful girl. Work on being happy with yourself and who you are. Your fitness doesn't define that. As far as your question goes though I do think 10kg is a bit extreme for one month. That is probably every kg you have to lose on your whole body. I think that if you work hard and stay motivated you can lose 4 or 5 in a month. The next 5 or 6 will come off a little slower. Two to three months should be your goal.

I know it is really hard to stay motivated sometimes. It is particularly tough in the beginning. Keep working hard. Keep your diet in check and be proud of yourself for working on making yourself healthier. Take pride in the small achievements. That will help motivate yourself. When you lose 1kg don't be upset that it's not 2, be happy that you lost 1. Let that push you to work even harder. That's my mindset on things.

I also watch motivating youtube videos everyday. do whatever it takes to get motivated and do it all the time. If that means coming on here and talking to us then do that. If it is a song then listen to it. I know you can do this.

Good luck.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You're 18? That's too young to give up on pretty much anything.

Change your goals. Make them simply to live a healthy life. Then go out and do something every day to work towards that goal.
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you hated being fat, you would never give up.

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, you'll be successful.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I gave up on weight loss too. I highly recommend just giving up on that. In its place I decided to be awesome and just destroy running and lifting.

Lift heavy, Run hard! forget the weight, it doesn't even matter to me anymore and it feels great!
  • NikkiP33
    NikkiP33 Posts: 17
    Options
    Dont give up! Your doing this because you want to see change right? It is hard to get started but its not impossible. (its what Im telling myself) . This is a great site for motivation and inspiration. baby steps is how we need to take it. Small changes will lead to big ones. Let the feeling you have of Hate be your motivator. Remember only you can make a change. Go get it girl!
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, you'll be successful.

I love that video! Haha!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You're not fat. You're just not. You have a really nice body. At most you should maybe work on a little bit of muscle. But you're not fat. You don't need to lose weight.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If you hated being fat, you would never give up.

This. What are you going to gain if you give up.....besides the weight you may have already lost.
  • kippty
    kippty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    All the above responses are correct!

1) You're beautiful!
    2) Your legs aren't big.
    3) 10kg is way to much to lose in one month especially for someone your size. I'm 181cm 110kg and it would be way to much for me.

I'm frustrated, at a low point here, I've lost nothing for the month of April but I'm trying to find motivation to continue. Don't give up but lower your expectations to a reasonable level and revel in your beauty!
  • 80sFanatic88
    80sFanatic88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with big legs, arms too, worst parts of my body. But even if we don't see changes right away, if we exercise and eat healthier, our health will be better than if we just gave up. Find a fun way to exercise, and just keep trying to be healthy, I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run. :)
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    if you want to be fit, then be fit. you can't choose to stop being fat, but you can choose what goes in your mouth and how much you move.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    First off, I don't think you need to lose that much. But in any case, 10kg = 22lbs, so yes, that's too much to lose in a month.

But it's not too much to lose in six months. Would you rather look like you do now in six months, or would you rather look lighter?

If you really want it, you'll want it for six months from now just as much as you want it today.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    this post seems like an ED just waiting to happen.

no. you cannot lose that much in a month. It can be done over time, assuming you can even lose that much.

Check this out for some balance to your opinion of yourself:

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

body-fat-percentage-pictures-female.jpg

From the few pics I have seen of you and these charts, I'd say you are near or less than 25% body fat. That's not fat. That's "average" to "athletic" (http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/)

When I joined MFP, I was probably 40-45% body fat. I am now 23. It took time to do this. And at 23% I am not fat.

ETA: exercise, eat healthy, take your time. 1 lb a week is a respectable and sustainable weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Help me guys! Any motivation? :( I want to cut down 10kg off my body in a month, is it even possible? I want to be fit! My legs are big
    You'll give up because your goals are unrealistic. Go for just trying to lose 1% of your body weight a week to start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if you hate being fat, giving up will most certainly make things better.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about?! You look amazing.

You have a standing invitation, young lady, to share some candy with me in the back of my rusting, dented, windowless white panel van.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    If your fat then I'm a huge cow your not fat ugh don't give up your beautiful geez. Girl dont talk like that