to snack or not to snack.

Options
is it better to have a healthy snack or not. i get sooo hungry but don't want the extra calories, but at the same time i want to boost my metabolism?

Replies

• RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Snacking is a MUST for me, personally... I tend to get pretty cranky if I don't eat when I'm hungry.Plus, I'm more likely to binge later. Just spend some time in your grocery store and look for some low- cal options. Some of my favorites:

Carrots- about 35-50 calories
    Apples- about 80 calories
    Special K bars/cracker chips/pastries- 100-120 calories
    Freeze-dried yogurt snacks (like the kinds they make for toddlers, usually in the baby food section)- around 120 calories for a whole bag of them

Just use your meal tracker to look up the caloric values of foods and make some informed decisions. "Snacking" doesn't always mean cookies, cakes, and chips (although, it CAN if that's what you want to eat... IIFYM).
  • Fleshgodful
    Options
    Snacking doesn't boost metabolism. I can't believe people still fall for that myth.
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have two snacks in between my meals nothing after dinner that away you want go to bed on extra calories. Snacking helps you to stay full through out the day also drinking 8 glasses or bottles of water helps to keep you full. I would try snacks if I were you because if you don't do some thing differently you may over eat at dinner time or catch your self getting up in the middle of the night eating. I like the special k crackers you can have 24 of them for 120 cal's. Fruit is a very good snack not a whole lot of cal's there raw veggies or even low fat yogurt is good for a snack. There's a lot of good snacks look around when you go to the store see what you would like to snack on, look at the cal's on the back. I know snacking has helped me and i'm losing weight and incs..

Good luck!! :)