Anyone else engaged/ planning wedding?

Options
So I recently got engaged which has turned into an extra motivator to get in shape. However, I was just at a friends wedding this weekend and I was so sad because I just felt like I looked awful. Of course instead of getting my butt in gear I have just been tired and sad today. I did do an aerobics class but probably ate too much today. I just also made the mistake of going to the "getting in shape" board at theknot.com and for some reason it just makes me upset because I see people who are actually being successful. Isn't that ridiculous?! I know what I need to do and how to do it but it is like I won't let myself. I don't get it. I don't want to be a chubby bride but more than that I dont' want to feel icky anymore....

Replies

• Zborni4
    Zborni4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So I recently got engaged which has turned into an extra motivator to get in shape. However, I was just at a friends wedding this weekend and I was so sad because I just felt like I looked awful. Of course instead of getting my butt in gear I have just been tired and sad today. I did do an aerobics class but probably ate too much today. I just also made the mistake of going to the "getting in shape" board at theknot.com and for some reason it just makes me upset because I see people who are actually being successful. Isn't that ridiculous?! I know what I need to do and how to do it but it is like I won't let myself. I don't get it. I don't want to be a chubby bride but more than that I dont' want to feel icky anymore....
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! :drinker:

Not officially engaged yet, but it's coming. That is my ULTIMATE motivation. We will get married on the beach so I want to look SMOKIN'! :bigsmile:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I think that the two biggest reasons I see on people's profiles are weddings and baby weight. Me - I have officially reached my pre-pregnancy weight and now am trying to get back to the weight I was when I got married... now if only the tan would come back as well... .

Oh, and I do have a wedding to go to this August with people who last saw me 25 lbs heaver and I hope to have 5-7 more gone by then (lofty goal) so that i can upstage the bride! :laugh: No really, but I want to fit back in the dress I wore to my reception three years ago, as I intend to wear it here too... My hot little black halter dress. :love:
  • sandybuff
    sandybuff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    now if only the tan would come back as well... .

I have never been tan in my life...:grumble: Before my wedding I got a spray on tan... :laugh:
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! :drinker:

Not officially engaged yet, but it's coming.

Might I recommend baking him alot of cakes, washing his car, doing his laundry, getting him some tickets to his favorite sports event ( Or in my case since I dont really watch sports, a plane ride ) worse case get a rufee ad take control! LOL j/k

Im engaged, It is a big motivator for me as after the wedding were going back to Maui were we met and I want t look as good as I did over two years ago for our honeymoon! I wouldn't focus on everyone else's success except your own, everyones different, all you can worry about is you. This site helps to get yourself in track and with time youll see results as long as you stick to the plan!

Pat:drinker:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    were going back to Maui were we met and I want t look as good as I did over two years ago for our honeymoon! I

Honeymoons sound nice... <<enter whispy dreamy tone>> I'm jealous! (We went back to work 2 days later :cry: ) Someday... at least on the positive side... if i keep up the healthy eating and exercising, I am bound to be smokin' skinny by time we ever do get around to a vacation!! I'll be the sexiest 50 yr old honeymooner! (Currently mid 20's ... :wink: )
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Might I recommend baking him alot of cakes, washing his car, doing his laundry, getting him some tickets to his favorite sports event.

We live together so I already do the cooking and cleaning LOL :laugh:

Took him to 2, yes, count them TWO Dallas Stars Stanley Cup playoff games w/ nice seats... I even thought he might do it there...nope....:grumble:
  • neha
    neha Posts: 67
    Options
    Not official, yet coming. In India. We are already living in... Europe.. So already on a honeymoon since 5 months. Will take a trip around maybe. Oh! I too do all cleaning. And cooking is his part. I just keep things ready, like washing, chopping and arranging spices n stuff. All he has to do is put the pan on and start.
    Am also going to India on 6th July. :( I wanna do shopping for clothes. Haven't put off weight yet. Working on it. Help me try harder.