Logging gummy vitamins?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lyby
    Lyby Posts: 42
    Options
    I love my gummy vitamins and supplements -- they have increased my compliance 100 fold! I don't track them because they are not part of my daily routine that I am willing to change. I have two that taste really good, 1 for fiber and 1 for calcium. The fiber gummy looks and tastes like a Dot and the calcium gummy also tastes like a treat. I'm supposed to take both of them twice a day, but I usually just take them in the morning. When I need that little "candy" fix in the evening, I'll pop my gummies instead. They are still lower in calories than actual candy and have the added benefit of giving me the things my body actually needs.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I LOVE me my gummies!!! I log them every day. :)
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I log mine just as a reminder that I have taken them.
  • Em815
    Em815 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good point! I think I will do the same!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I take a gummy multivitamin as well as a calcium supplement, and I always log them for 2 reasons: (1) having them listed in my food diary reminds me to take them, and (2) so the nutrients are added to my totals for the day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Personal choice - I have my vitamins saved as a recipe so I only have to hit one button to add them and combined they add up to 55 calories. As others have said it also works as a reminder I need to take them.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I actually like to pay atttention to my macros and make sure I am getting all my vitamins so yes, I do log vitamins. I log EVERYTHING except water. Then again, I am OCD but hey, that's just me :drinker:
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    how many are you eating, that you need to log them?:noway:
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i log mine when i takethem just because when i don't i'm always under on vitamins and that is one of the numbers i love to turn red
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I log them to keep track of my actual vitamin intake...it takes 2 seconds to just copy if from yesterday to today
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I log all of my vitamins and supplements - They total 20 calories. I figure that I would log a peice of candy if it was 20 calories so why wouldn't I log my vitamins?

But I don't log my coffee. I log the creamer but not the actual coffee. I figure that since I rarely actually finish the cup the undrank creamer calories negate the negligable calories consumed in the coffee!
  • meganshort11
    meganshort11 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i eat two everyday (as per the instructions), and there are 15 calories in a serving of two. i do not log them, and i was curious as to everyone's opinion on the matter....i usually don't log my full exercise though, so i figure that extra 15 calories from vitamins isnt important to log.
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    depends. 15 calories aren't a lot, but personally, i do log them because i keep track of my carbohydrate count.

up to you though.
    it's really not a huge deal. :)
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I started logging my supplements yesterday although I did go back a week and added them in. The surprise was that it all added up to an extra 80 calories daily that I wasn't accounting for. It also helps me know if I need to take extra calcium to meet my daily goals. I would recommend logging everything that goes into your mouth.
  • Em815
    Em815 Posts: 2
    Options
    Anyone care to share the brand they take? I don't take my vitamins like I should because I don't like the big pills either. I'd love to switch to a gummy...
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I log my vitamins and supplements when I remember to. I logged a request for a seperate section on supplements. My daily vitamin drink, emergen-C has like 26 calories, so I log it. My metamucil pills (100% psyllium) have a few as does my Red Yeast Rice.

I don't just log for calories, I log for information these days for me. But if it isn't useful to you, no reason to log it.
  • meganshort11
    meganshort11 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to share the brand they take? I don't take my vitamins like I should because I don't like the big pills either. I'd love to switch to a gummy...

i got mine at walmart....they are just generic multivitamin gummies for women.
  • kattymatt
    kattymatt Posts: 20
    Options
    I log everything that I consume.

I log my gummy vitamins. I used to take One-A-Day Vita Crave gummies, but now that I am pregnant I take the Vita-Fusion pre-natal gummies.

-I was never consistent with taking vitamins that you swallow, so I switched to gummy vitamins because it made it fun and something to look forward to for me. I would still forget to take them though, so logging the helped me remember to take them.

-Gummy vitamins have sugar, and I am trying to get better with eating too much sugar, so I log them for that reason too.

-Lastly, I log gummy vitamins because although the calories may be miniscule, they still add up with everything else.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I log them. I do it not only because they have calories, but to remind myself that I took them.

LOL I don't usually log mine, but this is actually a great idea because I ALWAYS forget to take them. Thanks!!!