25 pounds in 40 Days!

Options
Daryn46
Daryn46 Posts: 11 Member
The weight is really melting off now. I now weigh 210 pounds. I weighed in at 235 pounds a little over a month ago. It proves that hard work along with proper execution of this site and motivation (plus it helps to have your girlfriend of six years break up with you suddenly, like a hard slap in the face) can propel you to your goals. I am so happy that it can be done naturally. I almost went to a doctor and had the fat cut out surgically. I think fat is like a cancer. It will be pushed out of your body once you teach it how to go and get the metabolism up and calories down to help. Thanks myfitnesspal!

Replies

• russ1220
    russ1220 Posts: 58
    Options
    Congrats, great job! Keep up the good work, it's these type of success stories that motivate others to greatness! :smile:
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your break-up : ( Hopefully you will see that everything happens for a reason. You have done so well with your journey, and I know that if you count on us MFP-ers, you will have the support you need to continue on your journey with success!!

Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    Great job! Continue to focus on yourself and your happiness!
  • Daryn46
    Options
    Thanks Odonna. I like your name, it sort of sounds like Madonna. LOL. Anyway, yea the breakup was a major slap in the face. It has almost been 60 days and some of the aftermath garbage that has went on (I tried like to hell to get back with her but gave up this last week) made it even worse.

Anyway, question for you. Despite the weight loss, I have managed to sneak in quite a few beers (I stopped drinking for 30 days but then started again after the weight loss was nailed down). I have recently heard that beer and caffeine can actually be counterproductive. So I stopped beer during the week at least. I had no idea that alcohol and caffeine can hurt the cause and actually cause me to retain weight. What is up with that? thx
  • Daryn46
    Options
    Thank you. I am focusing on myself. It is not something I am used to nor does it come easy. I enjoy being with others and focusing on others. To me, focusing on myself is just too easy.
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I know what you man when you say beer is counter productive I have rugby once a week and its actually considered an insult not to drink. I dont lose weight on the weekend but lose 2-4 during the week. Congrats on losing so much!
  • dcturcotte
    dcturcotte Posts: 59
    Options
    The biggest setback in coffee and alcohol aren't really the caffeine or the alcohol, it's the other stuff that's in them. Beer is mostly fast burning carbohydrates and those calories are more prone to store in the body as fat. Also people often sweeten their coffee with white sugar. When I got really serious about getting in shape i stopped drinking beer (i'm 21 and let me tell you that was HARD) and started buying vodka and mixing it with sugar free pop (which is the only time i consume any carbonated drinks at all because sugar free pop can even impede your weight loss). As for coffee try sweetening it with natural sugars like honey or agave. and limit yourself to one cup in the morning (i use to drink 3 or 4 a day). I try to focus on slowburning carbohydrates that have lots of fibre and lean meats for my protein. These foods are more prone to be burned as energy rather then stored as fat. fast burning carbs like white bread and beer may not stop your progress but definitely slow it down. lots of fibre in your diet with help your stomach stimulate digestion and 30% of calories from protein are burned through digestion alone! so stock up on those!
  • Daryn46
    Options
    Thanks for the response. Let me ask you this. What if a guy does pay for the beer, literally, like going down to the gym and burning off the 600 calories that a six pack would consume? In other words, compensating for the fun. What do you think?
  • dcturcotte
    dcturcotte Posts: 59
    Options
    If you want to cheat a little (it's normal and healthy to do so from time to time) its definitely a good idea to hit the gym shortly before or after. When you get a really good workout going your body prioritizes burning rather then storing (partly due because you've raised your heart rate and got your blood pumping, and also because you've likely torn some muscle and your body is getting to work on repairing it (making it stronger and more efficient next time) . After a workout is a good time to eat your spagetti and meat balls or slam some coronas. Probably not a good idea to do it EVERY time you go to the gym haha. I work out about 5 times a week. (this is an example you don't need to be this intense I'm focusing on gaining muscle whereas you want to lose fat) I have maybe four beers a month and go for wings or hit up a restaurant a month each, scratch that itch and then I don't end up binging and purging or always craving greasy food. I want to be healthy but you gotta a live a little to right?

I found that by educating myself about how the human body works helped an immense amount. Don't look at it as a diet, it's a LIFESTYLE. When you understand how it all works you'll crave the garbage a lot less. At the same time indulging in what you like (in our case beer) once in a while will help you from craving it all the time and eventually completely falling off the wagon. Your changing your life man!
  • Vanessa1977
    Vanessa1977 Posts: 101
    Options
    I am most impressed with the fact that you have lost so much weight during a very high emotional time in your life. A break up usually causes over eating so kudos to you, for not only losing the weight but sticking with this journey through a very turbulant time.
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss Daryn! That's a job well done for sure! I am a strong believer in having a "cheat day" mine is usually on Saturdays after I weigh in. :happy: That is the day I usually have a couple of drinks (I'm a vodka tonic girl) and the associated munchies.

I am really sorry to hear your gf left you like that - that sounds pretty harsh. But when one door closes, another opens. One day she will see what she lost and by that time you will be a different place and it will be too late for her. Her loss at any rate!

Anyway, just wanted to say good job! :flowerforyou:

jewel
  • Daryn46
    Options
    Thank you so much. It was so traumatic. When it isn't expected and you get a phone call "Can I come over" and then they bring the aweful news it is like a car accident. She was/is a weight loss fanatic and she pointed some things out about me that hit me in the face. So, yea the weight loss is a benefit. But I sure miss her. I guess it motivates me to get to where I looked just like I did in high school and actually maintain it this time. At first the motivation was to try to win her back. But now, no way. It is her loss. I will find someone else. And I lose weight for me. I had no idea how much better being lighter feels. Like high energy again, etc. Thanks again. Have a great weekend!

Daryn
  • Daryn46
    Options
    Thank you. Weight loss was one of my first responses to the breakup. She is a weight loss fanatic and lost weight as well. Don't mean to get graphic, but after a love making session (near the end of the relationship) she told me she could feel that it was harder for her because I was bigger. That was the slap in the face that actually got me looking into losing weight. When she broke up that was the final GO GO GO.

Thanks again and you have a great weekend.

Daryn
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!