I need greek yogurt suggestions

Options
13»

Replies

• mylifemadelite
    Options
    I also use Fage, but Costco has a Kirkland brank non-fat greek yogurt with only 10 more calories. I also add frozen fruit to mine...adding a little vanilla extract and cinnamon is good too. I have added walnuts as well, but that adds a lot of calories. I eat 1 cup yogurt with 1/2 cup wild blueberries for less than 200 calories.
  • jlmk2007
    jlmk2007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love the Light and Fit... So yummy and I feel full for a while after eating it!!!
  • reddingaz
    reddingaz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Stoneyfield's Organic Greek Yogurt - I even prefer it over Chobani which is pretty good.

They come in a variety of sizes & flavors which usually I can only find at my local Sprouts or Whole Foods so that's not terribly convenient but recently Walmart has started carrying the 4oz 4 packs which is just the right size for a snack!!

The pineapple is my favorite - it's so creamy and flavorful - quite decadent really, makes me feel like I'm cheating or something :blushing:

I usually stick w/ the blueberry though because it's got a bit less sugar in it, though in my opinion it's still not a lot
  • Nutripea
    Nutripea Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi. Most of those calories come from the sugar. I agree with other posters: fage's 2% plain is really great (a little fat is fine! And there isn't much in the 2%) you can add your own fruit be careful though, you'll quickly get right back up to 300+ cals with granola or even fruit toppings.
    I like Sophie Greek yogurt. It has no sugar and has flavors like strawberry or vanilla or chocolate or caramel. There's also a banana. They all have 110 calories only. I freeze them for 20 minutes to make dessert. The Facebook page gives you places to buy it (its relatively new but the only sugar free, NO artificial sweetener) option. Hope that helps!!
  • Nutripea
    Options
    You can also add an extract (such as vanilla) and stevia/xylitol or cocoa powder to any plain Greek yogurt. But it's messy!
    Adding sugar free jello pudding powder to plain (cheesecake) tastes great but it has so much sodium (ugh) and artificial sweeteners (yuck).
    Most topping bring you right back up to 300...so look for NO SUGAR toppings.
  • Nutripea
    Options
    Oh my gosh the cookie dough recipe with peanut butter and chocolate chips sounds waaaaaay too good :)