Losing Weight the Healthy Way

Options
So I use to be addicted to drugs, (a little over 2 years clean) and of course lost a bunch of weight. I have generally been overweight weighing anywhere from 170-200 through high school. About a year after high school I started getting in with the wrong people and eventually had a serious drug problem..Anything from pain pills, xanax, to heroin and oxycontin. I got down to 145 lbs in just a few short months..of course this isnt why I was doing them, it just happened.

I of course am not proud of the things I have done but I am very proud of what I have overcome.

In 2010 I found out I was pregnant, only a couple months sober then, so on came the weight! I of course gained some weight, and then some, and then some! After I had my son I weighed 190. I was depressed because of my relationship and having a new baby was overwhelming so I ate. I all of a sudden weighed 230 lbs.

This is the first time in my life I have actually lost weight in a healthy manner- diet, exercise, the whole shebang. And you have no idea what that feels like! I am so proud of myself! Sure it would be easy to just take some pills, I learned that, but I would never do that again. My son turned my life around..It just feels good to be good.

Replies

• Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on staying clean and being healthy! Keep up the good work.
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic work, congratulations and keep It up!
  • NiagaraCheryl
    NiagaraCheryl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Your post brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations on staying sober and getting fit!
  • nikanika651
    nikanika651 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing person and a great motivator. Thanks for sharing and thanks for helping others!
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You're son is lucky to have you!! It's not easy to not take the easy way out--so YAY YOU!
  • janecarol61
    janecarol61 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration and should be very proud of yourself! Keep up the good work and healthy life!!!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    nice work!