most effective way to lose inches??

Options
I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and I want to look slim as poss! I know I wont see much of a change in 2 weeks, but even just being a bit less 'wobbly' in places would be great. I'm currently 157lbs and 5"3.

How do you lose inches and not pounds? I say not pounds... obviously i will be losing pounds too but I'm not gonna weigh myself or focus on the scale. I want my clothes to be looser. I want to see results quick!

Is this down to diet or excersize? Or equally both?? I eat 1400 cals a day. Is it about calories, or about WHAT I eat? e.g I will always stay within my calories but I do allow myself a choccie bar or some kind of treat every day just to keep me on track. Will this affect anything??

Im so sorry for all the questions, I just want some tips on how to lose inches/look slimmer fast :)

btw I'm not look for a miracle and I know i'm not going to be skinny minnie in two weeks, but surely something can be done???

EDIT I swim 1-2 times a week, and do Ripped in 30 on the other days, and have saturday and sunday off (even though I will do a lot of walking at the weekend and dancing on a saturday night :D)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Walk/ride bike to work. Climb stairs. Weed your garden. Just about anything will help.

But don't expect a miracle. You may lose and inch but you certainly aren't going to "harden" up in 2 weeks time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm no food expert, but these are the answers I usually tend to see on here to these sorts of questions:

It's mostly about diet over exercise. Doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you're within your calories. Treats shouldn't matter as long as you're within your calories.

I've also seen some amazing success stories with the 30 day shred, though haven't tried it myself. There was a post on here a while ago about it, there were some amazing results in a 2 week time period. Maybe try that.
  • NC1994
    NC1994 Posts: 24
    Options
    thanks guys :)