Whats a good protein bar??

Options

Replies

• mbaptiste31
    Options
    I like Nature valley 10g of protein 14g carbs but 5g of fiber so if you doing low carb diet u subtract the fiber then its 9g of carbs taste really good to
  • tagiriga
    tagiriga Posts: 17
    Options
    Quest Bars!!!

Eating one right now. :)
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are organic and for women, there are protein bars, fiber bars and I think meal replacer/snack bars for all right areound 170/190 calories. I like the snack bars and the protein ones.

Luna bars are not organic.
    70% organic, but who's counting............

Ingredients: LunaPro ® (Soy Rice Crisps [Soy Protein Isolate, Organic Rice Flour], Organic Toasted Oats [Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Dried Cane Syrup], Organic Soy Flour, Organic Flaxmeal), Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Blueberry Fruit Topping (Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Inulin, Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Apple Powder, Glycerin, Organic Blueberry Juice Concentrate, Organic Corn Starch, Water, Organic Palm Kernel Oil, Organic Tapioca Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Organic Blueberry Flavor, Pectin, Organic Soy Lecithin, Red Cabbage Extract for Color), Coating (Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Palm Kernel Oil, Organic Palm Kernel Oil, Organic Soy Flour, Organic Soy Lecithin, Organic Vanilla), Inulin (Chicory Extract), Organic Almonds, Organic Soy Butter (Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soybean Oil, Salt), Organic Oat Syrup Solids, Dried Blueberries (Blueberries, Apple Juice Concentrate), Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Citric Acid.

Maybe, but the very first ingredient is why I choose to avoid them . . . non-organic soy is almost definitely genetically modified. So, yes, I'm counting. I have no illusions that my entire diet is GMO free (I'll never stop going out to eat), but when I can avoid knowingly purchasing them, I do.
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are absolutely my favorite!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are organic and for women, there are protein bars, fiber bars and I think meal replacer/snack bars for all right areound 170/190 calories. I like the snack bars and the protein ones.

Luna bars are not organic.
    70% organic, but who's counting............

Ingredients: LunaPro ® (Soy Rice Crisps [Soy Protein Isolate, Organic Rice Flour], Organic Toasted Oats [Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Dried Cane Syrup], Organic Soy Flour, Organic Flaxmeal), Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Blueberry Fruit Topping (Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Inulin, Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Apple Powder, Glycerin, Organic Blueberry Juice Concentrate, Organic Corn Starch, Water, Organic Palm Kernel Oil, Organic Tapioca Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Organic Blueberry Flavor, Pectin, Organic Soy Lecithin, Red Cabbage Extract for Color), Coating (Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Palm Kernel Oil, Organic Palm Kernel Oil, Organic Soy Flour, Organic Soy Lecithin, Organic Vanilla), Inulin (Chicory Extract), Organic Almonds, Organic Soy Butter (Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soybean Oil, Salt), Organic Oat Syrup Solids, Dried Blueberries (Blueberries, Apple Juice Concentrate), Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Citric Acid.

Maybe, but the very first ingredient is why I choose to avoid them . . . non-organic soy is almost definitely genetically modified. So, yes, I'm counting. I have no illusions that my entire diet is GMO free (I'll never stop going out to eat), but when I can avoid knowingly purchasing them, I do.
    Just cause I like you.............

Clif Bar & Company is committed to sourcing ingredients that are not genetically engineered in all of our products. We have stringent protocols for GMOs which includes requiring affidavits from ingredient suppliers demonstrating they can meet our non GMO requirements.
  • AndreaL0918
    AndreaL0918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Kind bars, love them!
  • CarlyQ80
    CarlyQ80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna Protein bars. About 170 calories, 20 g of carbs...
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Premier Protein...bought in bulk. 30g of protein!

Added sugar? Don't care. Lot of calories? Don't care. If you are concerned about those things, then buy something else or make them yourself. Lot of good recipes for protein bars.
  • johnnlinda
    johnnlinda Posts: 69
    Options
    I just got a pack of Nature Valley Protein Bars peanut butter and dark chocolate. Probably not the protein/sugar/calorie ratio you are looking for but they taste good.
    190 cals,
    10g protein,
    6g sugar,
    14g carbs

Great for snacks and they taste alot better than the Pure Protein bars I eat after work outs.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    have you ever looked into You bar?
  • krs1071
    krs1071 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know you're probably going to think "oh great, another pusher..." :o) But really, I have tried several different brands and when I compare taste and nutritional content, I find Isagenix to be really good. The peanut chocolate crunch is very tasty, as is the lemon chiffon (tastes just like lemon meringue!!). Here is a link where you can check out the nutrition values...

http://www.isagenix.com/ca/en/isaleanbars.dhtml
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I agree with Luna Bars. My favourites are White Chocolate Macadamia and Nutz Over Chocolate.

My absolute favourite though isn't a bar, it's "Simply Protein Chips" in Herb flavour.
    1 bag = 140cal, 4g fat, 11g carbs (2 g sugar), and 15g protein

Plus it totally satisfies my chip cravings. The only reason I don't have them more often is they seem pretty hard to find around here, so they end up being 2.40 a bag (luna bars are around 1.50 a bar here unless i get them on sale for 1$ a bar)
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Quest all the way

^^^ TOTALLY!
    My fav is Apple Pie :tongue:
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars. They are pretty expensive though(almost $3/bar)
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars. You can get them on sale the first week of every month at GNC.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    OH and for those that suggested baking with protein powder...also a very good idea
    if you need some recipes this site is great

http://www.proteinpow.com/
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Just cause I like you.............

Clif Bar & Company is committed to sourcing ingredients that are not genetically engineered in all of our products. We have stringent protocols for GMOs which includes requiring affidavits from ingredient suppliers demonstrating they can meet our non GMO requirements.

Thank you -- good to know. I like being wrong when it means I can eat ;-)
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Kroger has a new brand out called Simple Truth. Love the double chocolate. 21 g protein and 190 cals. use for special treats, not daily. bars are only about a $1. Can't guarantee any non-GMO, low carb, no fat sugar, etc. You will have to read label and decide for your self.

I'm going to try making my own as soona s I find that no fat sugar!! :laugh:
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Oh Yeah! Protein bars. These are delicious, they taste like candy. :)

http://www6.netrition.com/iss_oh_yeah_bars_page.html

My favorite of all of them are Peanut Butter Crunch and Chocolate Caramel Candies. they are all 180-190 for the 45g bar and have 13g to 14g protein.

Also have the big size and that range is like 340-380 I think with double the amount of protein.

All of the quest bars are pretty good but I don't like strawberry cheesecake, but that's me. Everyone is different.
    My favorite of quest bars is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Banana Nut Muffin, Apple Pie, and the rest to me are just so-so

300.JPG

photo7-500x354.jpg
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I've heard only bad things about protein bars in general. If it's not the sugar or carb content, it's the amount of processed ingredients used to make them, and they rarely keep you as full as you'd like to.

This is why I like Quest Bars the most.

Not only do they taste great but are know for what the keep out of them.
    No sugar/sugar alcohols, Gluten Free, HIGH FIBER 18g, Low carb, 20g Protein. Eating one now so got all the info, lol.

I do also like making my own at home, shakes can be very yummy as well. I like to mix it up. :smile: