21 day no "Junk" food Challenge

Options
One of the ladies I know on MFP is doing a no "junk" food challenge for 21 days. This challenge starts today and ends May 21. Anyone interested in joining in on the fun? Use this Topic board to log in daily and let us know if you are staying "junk" food free. Remember it is only for 21 days and you might want to consider a viewable food diary for accountability purposes. Good Luck Everyone!

Replies

• LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    No takers?? I am only excluding two of my biggest "junk" foods. Maybe start small and work your way up to bigger "junk" food goals :bigsmile:
  • lizlovestrees
    lizlovestrees Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you!!! If you want, since no one else joined :( feel free to message me, I always forget to click on these things lol and we can keep track of each other! This is perfect timing, I ate an entire large bag of popcorn last night EEK!
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 'stick to the plan' thing for 6 months and I started on Monday :S

I can have treats as long as they fit my calories/macros.

Do I qualify?
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    Im in I just hope I can do it tho
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

Just what qualifies as junk?
  • overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm down to not eating any processed junk food, so long as I can eat locally made ice cream or pastries as my calorie count allows. :) Clean junk, as it were.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    One persons junk food is another persons treasure. For the purposes of this challenge, What constitutes junk food?
    I have not had any cookies, candies, pies, cakes, muffins, cupcakes, ice cream, chocolate etc. for about a month now. But I do eat tortilla chips, sweet potato fries and I drink wine occasionally. Junk food to me is sweets, potato chips and fast food. Anyone want to add to the list?
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    is junk food consist of luncheon meat and white rice I know its not good for you I do drink sugar free ice mocha does that consider junk food
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Good points!! I guess we need to establish the rules. When I think about junk foods I think about chips, soda, cookies, cake, candy, fried fast foods, or any foods that contain little nutritional value and often high in fat, sugar, salt, and or calories.

Anyone else have any ideas of what we should consider as "junk" food? Should we have a workout consequence?