Just joined

Options
Will give and hope to receive community support !:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kdavis65738
    kdavis65738 Posts: 10
    Options
    Just joined too... Losing motivation at my plateau.. But, I'm ready to rev it back up.

SW: 288 Feb 15th
    CW: 237 May 1st
    GW: 150
  • psue321
    psue321 Posts: 2
    Options
    psue321

Hi. I'm new and just looking around. I've been taking phen (37.5 once a day) and following the 17 Day Diet since 3/22. Have lost 19 lbs (my ticker wouldn't let me put that in so had to start with todays weight. If anybody knows a way to change that please let me know). Been thinking about the phen/topamax combo. I'm not doing too bad right now so maybe should save that for when loss slows down more. Side effects sound a little scary. Phen just causes dry mouth and hard to get to sleep, which I can live with. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Going to go look around the site some more.
  • mpage2654
    mpage2654 Posts: 14
    Options
    Your goal weight is the same as mine . I'm at 198 and need to lose about 50 lbs . Thanks for replying, its good to know your not alone.
  • mpage2654
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. No pills for me, my heart isn,t good.
  • kdavis65738
    kdavis65738 Posts: 10
    Options
    My doctor prescribed Topamax to me about 4 years ago. It was prescribed to me for a condition called Pseudotumor Cerebri.. Which essentially due to being overweight my body was not dispersing cerebral fluid and would build up in my head. (Water retention so to speak) So, it was given for migraines and weight loss. Not long afterwards I started having a lot of complications to the meds. I was having problems staying focused, remembering 5 seconds to the next (literally.. wrecked my car cause of it).

As I said that was 4 years ago. I still have short term memory problems. But instead of seconds.. it's now about forgetting what happened yesterday or the day before.

Some people have good results from the meds whereas others are not so lucky.

Good luck with whichever you decide!
  • ykckby1949
    ykckby1949 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sent you a private message. MFP works IF you commit to log and, be honest.

Kim
  • mpage2654
    Options
    I agree, I'm for whatever works for you. I have a bad valve in my heart and can't tolerate the pills, believe me I have tried everything but surgery. I got introduced to this app. through my Cardiologist .I am going to give it my all !
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me. I log on daily and would love more friends and more support
  • mpage2654
    Options
    Hey 1949, Love your pugs ! Thanks for the support, any advice appreciated.
  • mpage2654
    Options
    Thank you ShanR, lets do this thing !
  • yrvenable35
    yrvenable35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

This is my first year doing this challenge and I think I've screwed up the first day. I didn't receive the initial email this morning and my diet/exercise challenge are shot. Tomorrow will be recovery day, but I need alot of encouragement and tips. I'm good at walking half marathons, but my role is to get into running (again). I found out on April 15th that I have gained 20 additional pounds beyond what I thought I'd gained. Talk about hurt feelings! :-( Well, time to do something about it!!!
  • mpage2654
    Options
    Thats right ! Tomorrow you will shine !
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Anyone is more than welcome to add me. =) I have a long way to go and the more support we all have the better!! I'm at 207 and would like to get down to 135.