Stuck Scale

Options
I have been sticking o a diet and fitness routine for almost a month now. I stick to the recommended 1200 cal. per day sometimes coming in under target with exercise. I currently spend 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical as well as lifting weights. I have not been losing weight however. I can feel that my clothes fit different but I'm still not seeing the results on the scale. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have been sticking o a diet and fitness routine for almost a month now. I stick to the recommended 1200 cal. per day sometimes coming in under target with exercise. I currently spend 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical as well as lifting weights. I have not been losing weight however. I can feel that my clothes fit different but I'm still not seeing the results on the scale. What am I doing wrong?

Are you measuring/weighing your food or are you just guessing? sometimes that can make a difference
  • fitmom1982
    fitmom1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I measure everything and then track it.
  • Onmyway39
    Onmyway39 Posts: 10
    Options
    It depends on the weight lifting you could be gaining muscle.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If your clothes are fitting bigger and you're losing inches, then you're likely gaining muscle. Since muscle weighs more than fat (disclaimer: per unit volume, since people throw fits if you don't add that), you might not be seeing it on the scale, but it's the inches and the health gain that really matter. I'd suggest maybe making sure you keep track of your measurements, if you don't already. It might help you to feel more motivated if you're seeing your inches go down when the scale's stuck.