Almost Thirty and Far Too Fat! Looking for Friends!

Options
see_turtle
see_turtle Posts: 19 Member
Hello, I am Stephanie I will be 30 in September and I weigh 263 lbs. This is the 1,005th time I have decided to lose weight but I am still trying. I am aiming low right now at just logging honestly for the month of May. My goal is to weigh 165 lbs. I am a vegan, I am married and I have a crazy dog. I would love new supportive friends to get and give help advice and encouragement from! Anyone who is interested please add me. :)

Replies

• babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    almost 34 and far too fat! not vegan, not married any more but i definitely have the crazy dog. feel free to add me, i may not congratulate you on your food diary every day, but i'll try and give any advice i can :flowerforyou:
  • MamaCass30
    MamaCass30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!

I've realized this time around it's all about persistence and not letting even yourself get in your way!
  • arcaneshadowcat
    Options
    After you've logged each day in May, check in with your physician to see about any dieting and exercise changes you plan on doing. I ended up having a thyroid problem, which I found after I was seeing no results which was disheartening. I am not suggesting this is the same for you, merely that it is beneficial to stop in with your primary before starting up, at the least they will give you tips on how to go through the process safely without injuring yourself. It also will be easy if you can get a friend to join you that has similar goals for weight loss or increasing activity. Most of my activity has been bolstered by a friend of mine joining in some nights for active gaming on Kinect for Xbox360. Online buddies have never helped me in the past, but due to the thyroid issue, nothing I've done in the past made any difference LOL.
  • Pandorae
    Pandorae Posts: 3
    Options
    Just tracking your calories to start out is not a bad idea. When you actually see what you're taking in it makes you start evaluating every time you go to eat something. I was surprised at the amount of calories I was actually taking in.
  • candyass1
    candyass1 Posts: 23
    Options
    i'll be your friend! yay new friend happy to motivate add me please
  • ForMyTomorrow
    ForMyTomorrow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for a while but I'm new to the forum and friends thing. I'd be glad to have you as a friend or anyone else that wants to add me. I started out about where you are and started using MFP when I was about 25lbs down. Since then I've lost about 22 more but I'm at the point that I always get to then gain 20 back then lose it and gain it. I want so bad to get past this point and not gain again so I'm trying to make friends and read forums :)
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Add me :)

I logged onto MFP for the first time in October 2012. I wanted to get into weight loss / fitness routine before 30 as well. It's a huge milestone in your life and it really makes you think. I did great through Nov-Dec (amazingly lost weight over the holidays) but then slacked off towards the end of January. I was so happy with how my body was looking in January (when I turned 30) but lately I've noticed I'm not so happy. So I decided to get back on track to stay fit and healthy through 30 and be in even better shape when I hit 31. Good luck on your journey!
  • babykitty2013
    Options
    First of all, I love your turtle picture. I love turtles. I'm past 30, almost 32, and I have also been working on this for a while. I am trying to be more persistant and I would love to have some supportive friends. Please feel free to add me. I will be happy to send you a friend request :)
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I will be celebrating the 15th anniversary of my 35th birthday this summer - am definitely too fat but am down 44 pounds since last July - not a vegan and my dog is fairly normal - 2 fairly normal cats and one crazy, grumpy cat from hell!!! I don't comment everyday - but I do log in everyday. Add me if you want to!
  • Audities
    Audities Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! Welcome :) You can do it! Just have the patience. I'm 35 and had hit rock bottom about 6 months ago with my entire life dealing with multiple mental and physical health issues. Once I found the right medications, I decided it was time to shed the pounds and help my edema and arthritis. I am too young to have hip pain :D
    Remember, this is more about changing your habits, how much you eat and how much you move, than it is about being on a diet and then going back to old habits. This is your chance to change your neuropsychology and form entirely new habits that are good for you and make you feel healthy and happy for the rest of your life.