Medifast Friends!

Options
Hey if anyone doing medifast and would like to be friends for support please add me! I need all the support and motivation I can get! Or if you just want to befriend me thats cool too!

Replies

• zubiedoobydoo
    zubiedoobydoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on MediFast for 8 days now. I am amazed by it. I have gained and lost all my life, but this time WW was not working for me. I canceled my subscrip. when I found FitnessPal because it gave me everything WW gave me for free and actually, better. But I was still not losing. I was working out, eating right, staying around 12-1300 cals, and losing at a fraction of the rate I have in the past. I knew carbs were my problem. I plan to stay on MediFast for 3-4 months then do the transition then completely get off their food. I don't believe a person can achieve long term weight loss with the weight loss portion alone. They MUST complete the transition then make permanent chagnes or they will gain the weight back.

You go girl! I am sending a friend request.
  • amyg49
    amyg49 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started medifast. How is it going for you?
  • Joshloe
    Joshloe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been Low Carbin' for about 3-4 years now.. Lost over 120lbs just staying under 20carbs a day.. But my body I think is used to it. I started medifast 2 weeks ago and have lost 10lbs. I even cheated one day and ate a lot of carbs.

Basically medifast is low carb, low calories and low fat. Its not science, they just package it up so that its easy for you to keep track. I keep all the info in My Fitness Pal. I plan on doing this till i'm down to my goal weight, bought 7 more lbs.. Then going back to just low carb.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Please don't do this to yourself. This is not healthy or sustainable. You can EAT REAL FOOD and lose weight.

The question to ask yourself is what your real goal is, to lose weight or FAT? By doing a program like MediFast you will lose a good amount of muscle before you break into your fat stores.

Eat healthy food, strength train, drink water, sleep. That's where real fat loss happens.

ETA: You don't gain weight over night, it takes years. You can't lose the weight overnight either. Patience and consistency. is the key.
  • azmomx4
    azmomx4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i started Medifast last week. I have never felt so hungry and weak. I asked my coach and she told me that my body would get used to it in a few days. Now I am feeling pain and burning in my stomach. I do not think this low of calories is healthy. I would rather lose the weight slower than feel this way all of the time. I was excited about the convenience of the pre-packaged meals but now I plan to do it on my own.
  • izzy11552
    Options
    Medifast is awesome! .. there are many critics out there that don't understand that a lot of people , me being one of them have been eating unhealthy for a long time ..(most of my life) if i could just eat healthy and do it on my own with my own "knowledge' of food than i wouldn't be where i am today! so please don't try to knock a program that has truly made me and many out there a healthier person. That said i have been on medifast for 5 weeks and have lost 25 pounds i eat my grilled chicken, fish and my vegetables and exercise 6 days a week, either Zumba or 45 minutes of cardio and some strength training. I have been on plan 100% no cheating and no extras and it truly does work. The first few days to the second week can be hard but that because your body isn't used to low carbs but if you stick to it and soldier your way thru the headaches you will gain so much more and you reward will be more than you expected and realize how worth it it all really is.
  • eea0416
    eea0416 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also restarting medifast tomorrow. If you would like to add me, please feel free to! I did medifast once before and lost about 60 lbs. Now to lose the last 80!

Let's do this :)
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Please don't do this to yourself. This is not healthy or sustainable. You can EAT REAL FOOD and lose weight.

The question to ask yourself is what your real goal is, to lose weight or FAT? By doing a program like MediFast you will lose a good amount of muscle before you break into your fat stores.

Eat healthy food, strength train, drink water, sleep. That's where real fat loss happens.

ETA: You don't gain weight over night, it takes years. You can't lose the weight overnight either. Patience and consistency. is the key.

I think you are wasting your breath. This is only a lesson someone can learn on their own -- I thought this "diet" nonsense was the only way to lose weight too so until I got fat and miserable and screwed up my metabolism and was sick and tired of being sick and tired...I wouldn't listen either.

Either people want to eat real food and exercise some (sometimes difficult) willpower, or they want a pill/powder/trick. You can't convince them otherwise.

I will say however that if you are "doing it again" it wasn't a success, it was a failure. If it was successful, you'd only have to do it once.
  • KatLifter
    Options

I think you are wasting your breath. This is only a lesson someone can learn on their own -- I thought this "diet" nonsense was the only way to lose weight too so until I got fat and miserable and screwed up my metabolism and was sick and tired of being sick and tired...I wouldn't listen either.

Either people want to eat real food and exercise some (sometimes difficult) willpower, or they want a pill/powder/trick. You can't convince them otherwise.

Haha you're right, I know. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
    I'm going to go eat cashew chicken (clean and home made), quinoa, and a salad. Already ate a big breakfast pancake and a bowl of strawberries. Life is good when you eat real food :happy:
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I restarted this past Monday.... go us!!
  • KCDown
    KCDown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go Ahead and send me a friend request. Been on MF (TSFL) for a while now and lots of friends too. Here is a trick to setting up MFP for MF.

***How to set up MyfitnessPal for MediFast users***

OK.

Under "My Home" go to "Goals". Then click on "custom" and click "continue". What I put/change there?
    *Calories - 1100
    *Carbs - 35% (works out to 88 grams and I try to stay below 85, seems to be my sweet spot but don't freak out if you are over since ketosis happens up to 100)
    *Protein - 40%
    *Fat - 25%
    I also changed *Fiber to 30

So that sets up your calorie goals. NOW...on to setting up the "look".

Next to "My Home" is the "FOOD" tab. Click on it. To the far right under this you will see "settings". Click there.

Now you can name your meals and pick what to track. I named mine meals 1-5 and lean and green (you can have 6 meals, pretty cool, huh??). I track carbs, fiber, protein, fat and sodium. You can also decide if you want your journal to be public and held accountable to friends or public. It's fun to look at others for ideas on lean and greens, but do what you feel comfortable with.

Hope this helps! Let me know how you personalize.
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I gotta say...I only got through day 1 (yesterday) just barely. I was so extremely nauseous that today I couldn't even bring myself to eat the food =/
  • Joshloe
    Options
    I gotta say...I only got through day 1 (yesterday) just barely. I was so extremely nauseous that today I couldn't even bring myself to eat the food =/

The first 3 days are the hardest as your body is adjusting. It gets a lot easier after that.
  • KatLifter
    Options

The first 3 days are the hardest as your body is adjusting. It gets a lot easier after that.

Or maybe that's her body telling her she should eat real food. Don't be afraid to eat.
    Yes, you too with the creepy profile pic.
  • Joshloe
    Options

Aren't we ALL on a diet? Or else we wouldn't be here. This may be the thing that kick starts the thread started into getting into shape. I started off doing low carb, and lost over 100lbs. Now i just eat right and exercise. But because I lost so much weight, it kicked off my healthy lifestyle.

Trick here is, do whatever you want and whatever works for you.
  • Joshloe
    Options

Or maybe that's her body telling her she should eat real food. Don't be afraid to eat.
    Yes, you too with the creepy profile pic.

Fortunately my creepy profile picture was not me, probably can't say the same for yours.