It's been 30 days.

Options
dayahobbbs
dayahobbbs Posts: 10 Member
I heard about MFP from a thread on Reddit, I can't even remember which, but I looked at it for a few days before I really committed to this. I didn't join with the intent to lose weight really, I just wanted to learn how to do something consistently and hold to it, because I've tried dieting and excersising, not in any structured way, but I always failed after 3 days - a week. Now that I'm 30 days in and 8 Lbs down, I think I really want to start getting involved in the forums to help keep me motivated.
I can feel the lack of motivation trying to creep up on me, but I know I'll be happier if I keep trying.
I've got a few friends using MFP as well, but I want to talk about stuff, and brag, without being annoying.
It just gets me really excited when I do, but everyone around me is just so annoyed with hearing about it XP

I started at 200 pounds.
I'm going to get down to at least 160 pounds and see where I want to get from there. :3
How did you get into MFP?
When did you start feeling a little less motivated? How did you get through it?
Would anyone be interested in going through on of those 30 day challenges with me?

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey. :) I've also been on here for about a month now and love it.

To answer some of your questions, my family wanted me to go on a diet with them, so I looked up fitness things and found this site.
    And not being motivated is the hardest part. Sometimes I just look at pictures of people who I want my body to be like, or I just get up and suffer through it even when I don't want to at all. :)

Good luck to you!
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    hey :)
    i joined a year or 2 ago and lost 10lbs. then i gave up. came back a year later and have now lost 15lbs.
    the difference this time is i'm doing it a healthier way with more patience. i lost those 10lbs in 1 month last time.

the 15lbs this time has been within 3 months now. and i find i'm not crashing and i'm way more motivated this time around.

also having lots of friends helps!

i lose motivation probably about one day every second/third week . but i fight through it because i know what i want the results to be.

feel free to add me if you need a friend!
  • rinkie23
    rinkie23 Posts: 2
    Options
    congrats on making it 30 days! I just signed up tonight for the first time to see if it will help structure a diet for me. I cant do the fad diets and always end up doing it for 2 days and quitting. I am also starting at 200lbs and my goal is 165... sitting here it seems like it will never happen! Motivation has always been an issue for me but I found an old picture of myself at my goal weight and I am keeping it up on the wall to visualize why im doing this. Also I want to be in the Atlanta Color Run 5k in September and want to be able to jog most of it.

This is my plan for motivation.... lets see if it works!
    Best of Luck!
  • rinkie23
    rinkie23 Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: lets do this!