Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Microwave One Minute Muffin Recipe

Ingredients:

1/4 cup flax meal

1 egg

1 tablespoon butter

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon (sometimes I use pumpkin pie seasoning)

1 1/2 teaspoons sweetener, I use honey

1 tablespoon fresh or frozen blueberries (or smashed banana, shredded apple, etc)

hearty coffee mug sprayed with cooking oil

microwave

Directions:

Put the first 6 ingredients in a large glass measuring cup or bowl, and whisk to combine. No need to melt the butter or get it to dissolve–if it’s still in a clump, it’s okay. Mostly try to get the baking powder evenly dispersed. Now stir in the blueberries or whatever fruit you’re using. Pour into a greased coffee mug and microwave on high for 1 minute. Let it sit for a bit, then pour onto a plate; or you can just eat it out of the mug with a spoon. The butter will have melted and made a tiny bit of a “sauce” with the melted blueberries. YUM.

"The Verdict:

This is a pretty customizable recipe; feel free to swap out the honey with splenda, agave, brown sugar, etc. There isn’t a drop of flour, making this a naturally gluten free muffin, and if you use non dairy butter it could certainly be dairy-free and I’m imagining an egg-replacer would work okay. If you change up the ingredients and it works, let me know!

It tastes good. Not oh-my-gosh-this-is-the-best-muffin-ever, but actually pretty good considering it’s made completely out of flax meal and has just a tiny bit of sweetener. You can certainly junk it up by adding lots of sugar and more oil, but it’s really actually pretty good just like this. I like that the flax has so much fiber and the egg has a nice shot of protein so if I eat this along with my morning coffee I’m pretty sustained until lunch time."

http://totallytogetherjournal.com/2012/04/ (Check out her site for great photos for the above recipe)
    I got a minute.
    I got a microwave.
    I got time for this. Doing it now
    let me know how it goes!:laugh:
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I got a minute.
    I got a microwave.
  • nursecat1
    nursecat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :love: Sounds so delicious,and easy. I have Flax meal and blueberries. How many cals,do you think? Will make it in the morning!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Microwave One Minute Muffin Recipe

Ingredients:

1/4 cup flax meal

1 egg

1 tablespoon butter

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon (sometimes I use pumpkin pie seasoning)

1 1/2 teaspoons sweetener, I use honey

1 tablespoon fresh or frozen blueberries (or smashed banana, shredded apple, etc)

hearty coffee mug sprayed with cooking oil

microwave

Directions:

Put the first 6 ingredients in a large glass measuring cup or bowl, and whisk to combine. No need to melt the butter or get it to dissolve–if it’s still in a clump, it’s okay. Mostly try to get the baking powder evenly dispersed. Now stir in the blueberries or whatever fruit you’re using. Pour into a greased coffee mug and microwave on high for 1 minute. Let it sit for a bit, then pour onto a plate; or you can just eat it out of the mug with a spoon. The butter will have melted and made a tiny bit of a “sauce” with the melted blueberries. YUM.

"The Verdict:

This is a pretty customizable recipe; feel free to swap out the honey with splenda, agave, brown sugar, etc. There isn’t a drop of flour, making this a naturally gluten free muffin, and if you use non dairy butter it could certainly be dairy-free and I’m imagining an egg-replacer would work okay. If you change up the ingredients and it works, let me know!

It tastes good. Not oh-my-gosh-this-is-the-best-muffin-ever, but actually pretty good considering it’s made completely out of flax meal and has just a tiny bit of sweetener. You can certainly junk it up by adding lots of sugar and more oil, but it’s really actually pretty good just like this. I like that the flax has so much fiber and the egg has a nice shot of protein so if I eat this along with my morning coffee I’m pretty sustained until lunch time."

http://totallytogetherjournal.com/2012/04/ (Check out her site for great photos for the above recipe)
    I got a minute.
    I got a microwave.
    let me know how it goes!:laugh:
    :laugh:
  • barbaraellengarcia
    Options
    bump
  • Sexyslim2014
    Options
    :)
  • okiebug27
    okiebug27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    bumpin again... because I can:glasses: , plus it's a fun recipe to try out:love: