June 24 MFP Runner's Club

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Morning,

Both of my girls had nightmares last night and I was way too tired to get out and run.

Good luck to all running today!!

Mireille

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Morning,

Both of my girls had nightmares last night and I was way too tired to get out and run.

Good luck to all running today!!

Mireille
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning

I ran 10K (6.2 miles for our non running friends) this morning. 82% humidity! I think I am finally used to the humidity.:happy: I had a great run!

Enjoy the day everyone
    -Kechie.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I ran two miles up the street, and back...up the street and back, up the street and back, up the street and back, up....hokay you get it! LOL

I have to run down our road and back after the kiddos go to sleep since I can't stray too far from the house. But I got off the couch and ran! YEY ME!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Mireille - I'm so sorry, your poor babies. :frown:

Kechie - There's...no...way I could run in that humidity! Good girl!! :flowerforyou:

Princess - How many times did you run the two miles??? Nice going!

I ran about 3.5 this morning. (After tearing through my drawers searching for a sports bra :explode: ) Kinda down because I'm up 5 pounds :noway: from last week. I don't think it's muscle either because I'm feeling squishy. :embarassed:

Lean meats, raw greens & water for me for the rest of the week. Yip-pee. :indifferent:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Great job Princess!

Shannon sounds like your scale needs a beating.:mad:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

Kechie - There's...no...way I could run in that humidity! Good girl!! :flowerforyou:

I ran about 3.5 this morning. (After tearing through my drawers searching for a sports bra :explode: ) Kinda down because I'm up 5 pounds :noway: from last week. I don't think it's muscle either because I'm feeling squishy. :embarassed:

Lean meats, raw greens & water for me for the rest of the week. Yip-pee. :indifferent:

You mean per week? I do it 6 times a week. So going from sitting on the couch and playing with kids all day to running...WOW! I am so excited!

What is up wit the "5 pounds up?" I'm not trying to be funny here, but have you been running still and logging? I hope this week goes better for you!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Good morning

I ran 10K (6.2 miles for our non running friends) this morning. 82% humidity! I think I am finally used to the humidity.:happy: I had a great run!

Enjoy the day everyone
    -Kechie.

Good for you!!!

I have not noticed the humidity here either??? Is it not as bad this year? All my neighbors trickle out for a few minutes each night and complain about it, but I haven't even noticed??? HU?
  • hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am finally back to running (after an IT Band injury) I ran 3 miles yesterday, today is an off day and tomorrow I will be back to it!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I ran 9 miles this morning! It was so nice out today!
  • Shannon023
    Options

Pretty good energy for a newlywed. :bigsmile:

Nice going! :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Options

You mean per week? I do it 6 times a week. So going from sitting on the couch and playing with kids all day to running...WOW! I am so excited!

What is up wit the "5 pounds up?" I'm not trying to be funny here, but have you been running still and logging? I hope this week goes better for you!

We've eaten out a lot this past week & I didn't make good choices. No one but myself to blame. Thank God for the running or I shudder to think what my weight would be without it. :sick:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

I ran 5 miles last night in my first ever hail storm! Very scary, thunder, lightning, crazy wind! When we headed out they said the storm was south of us and by the time we were about 2.5 miles into the course here it came out of nowhere! :huh:

It was kinda like an exfoliating run as the penny sized hail whipped against our skin... :noway: Crazy scary but we finished!

Today is strength training and a three mile run afterwards.

Have a great day everyone!

Mireille - a little Benedryl before bed will keep them asleep tonight!! :wink: :laugh:

Shannon - 5lbs? sounds like water? oh! never mind just read about the eating out! Bad, Bad Shannon!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

We've eaten out a lot this past week & I didn't make good choices. No one but myself to blame. Thank God for the running or I shudder to think what my weight would be without it. :sick:

754.gif There!

Now, here's to a new week! :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Options

754.gif There!

Now, here's to a new week! :drinker:

Thanks! I needed that! :laugh:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles this morning. Got finished right as the rain started!
  • Mireille
    Options
    http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

You guys have to watch this clip. Get the tissues, you'll need them.

Mireille
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just got back from almost a week of traveling. Went to my Uncles funeral in Texas and then joined my family at camp in California. Today I am going out for a 3 mile run/walk. While I was gone I went biking with my family, ran on the treadmill in the hotel and ran through lots of airports (does that count)?

Shannon that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Came off as I a little concerned about this "all you can eat" buffet we had Sunday night. I was very restrained but then came the dessert cart :love: my weakness!

Have great day!
    Bunny
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hey you crazy running peeps!!:heart:

I got out much earlier about 7 am and ran 4 miles in the humidity from hell....my new thing is not looking ahead...it totally psyches me out LOL....keep my head down LOL...well not too down as I would trip I'm sure! lol

Shannon...I say its water weight and if I say it IT IS SO....lol

Kechie...you goooo girl!!! 10k is my goal, hopefully w/in the next two weeks I'll run one...woot!

and poor kids Mireille!!! hugs!!!

way to go everyone!!!
    hugs!
    ali
  • ali106
    Options
    I am finally back to running (after an IT Band injury) I ran 3 miles yesterday, today is an off day and tomorrow I will be back to it!

high five!!!! good job taking it slow and three miles is great to get back in there!
    hugs!
  • ali106
    Options

um....you totally rock!!!

hugs!
    Ali