walking. to log or not?

Options
Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
I walk to and from work every day, it's 35 mins each way but i dont log this as i don't find it to be 'exercise' as such. Should i be logging this?

Replies

• Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    due to a back problem all I do is walk and for that much you are looking at around 250 cals.....so yes you should log it.
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting either a heart rate monitor or at the very least a pedometer. You can calculate how many calories you burn by using your average heart rate on your walks.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I would

i track all foods and drinks

and all exercise

as I believe this will help me when i got to goal to stay at goal weight

anyone can add me
  • Sid1988
    Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Because i do it daily, wont my body be used to it and it wont make any difference? (i'm not sure if this is a myth or not!)
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You're still burning calories doing it surely. I log my 45 minute walk each day but wouldn't really count little walks I do during the day. If I didn't count that I'd only be able to eat about 1200 calories a day and would never manage that!
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i do. what i find myself doing is walking to the next bus stop or the next or the next if my bus is more than 5 minutes. might as well use my time rather than just standing there

sometimes i even get to where i want to go :-)