H2O ?

Options
OK so I really try to get in all my servings of water. Well today I have had 7 (16.9 fl oz) bottles of water. Will this make me show a weight gain in the morning?

Replies

• Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of water every day and have never had a problem with a gain unless I over do the sodium :) water is sooo good for you and i wouldnt worry about it.
  • Sinda
    Sinda Posts: 13
    Options
    nope, in fact it'll do the exact opposite. =D your body will stop storing excess water because you're giving it what it needs. i used to barely drink any and then the first day i started drinking 8 cups a day i lost 2 pounds of water weight over night.
  • luv4chelle
    luv4chelle Posts: 15
    Options
    Me too. I noticed the more I drank the more I lost. Of course there is a factor of drinking too much water but that is rare. So drink up!!
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    OH THAT IS AWESOME. I would have never known this if it weren't for MFP community (doctor never told me)! Thank you so much I should be able to sleep better, well kinda I might have to go pee a lot LOL
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I might have to go pee a lot LOL

Jamie, my friend....COUNT ON IT!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tammysjourney
    Options
    I always knew they stressed water water water, but I didnt know the more you drank the more you lost. I struggle with getting 4 16ounce bottles down a day. I have never drank much. Sometimes I can only get 3 or 3 1/2 down. I drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning, then head straight to the water and still cant hardly make it. I will definately try harder. Drinking my 4th one for the day as we speak. Tomorrow I'll shoot for 5.
  • sweetn3ss
    Options
    I always knew they stressed water water water, but I didnt know the more you drank the more you lost. I struggle with getting 4 16ounce bottles down a day. I have never drank much. Sometimes I can only get 3 or 3 1/2 down. I drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning, then head straight to the water and still cant hardly make it. I will definately try harder. Drinking my 4th one for the day as we speak. Tomorrow I'll shoot for 5.

Is it the plain taste? I use sugar free water flavor packets. This is what has helped me drink so much since I started my journey.
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The suggestion that shows up at the bottom of my MFP food diary page is 8 cups of water per day. A typical bottle of water, at 16.9 ounces, is over 2 cups of water.

Seven bottles of water is almost 15 cups of water, almost twice the suggested amount.

Water is great, but don't beat yourself up trying to do twice the work that's called for.
  • DianneMoreno
    Options
    i follow the rule of half your weight in ouncess each day. i drink atleast 113 oz. per day (226lb). i have noticed great things happening, including the scale going down :) drink up!
  • sweetn3ss
    Options
    The suggestion that shows up at the bottom of my MFP food diary page is 8 cups of water per day. A typical bottle of water, at 16.9 ounces, is over 2 cups of water.

Seven bottles of water is almost 15 cups of water, almost twice the suggested amount.

Water is great, but don't beat yourself up trying to do twice the work that's called for.

Sad thing is I wasn't trying to drink that much. Which is why I had to ask my question. I have never been a huge fan of water, but I am doing much better.
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So the big question is whether you showed some "water weight" when you weighed this morning?

I'm not advocating weighing every day, but it sounded like you were planning to weigh this morning.
  • ryssaan
    ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    On the bottom of my fitness pal where it says 8 cups of water a day it means 8 standard cups which is 8 ounces per cup not a bottle of water but an actual cup. At a minimum you should be drinking 64 ounces of water a day. Here is a web page with little quiz as to how much water you should drink http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm