Just started again

Options
Well, I was doing so well in Feb., & March, then hubby ended up in ICU for 10 days - I lost weight down to my goal weight and then some. We got home, and our schedule went to pieces. We were going to Dr. appointments at least once a week, eating out, staying in a motel, too hot to exercise, too much stress, couldn't stay on a schedule for eating regular meals, and I just gave up for a few months.(Not to mention that I had a serious ear infection and had a ruptured ear drum and even walking was difficult for over 2 months.) Luckily, during those 2 months, I only went up to 2 pounds above what I was when I quit on April 5!! The sad thing is, I was within 2 pounds of my goal weight when he got home from the hospital, but I quickly put 8 pounds back on. My biggest problem right now is that here in AZ, temps are in the high 80's, low 90's when I get up at 5AM, so I can't go out and walk, which is my basic exercise.due to pre-existing back injury. I have been trying to do leg raises to help, but, until today, haven't been able to even go out and walk. The temp was down to 93 this evening, so I walked around and around the house, 10 times in 20 minutes. Part of me wants to throw in the towel, but the other part of me wants to get back into good eating habits and try to loose those stubborn pounds and get back down to 125 so my clothes will fit better and I will feel better about myself. Seeing how everyone else is doing gives me renewed hope and energy. Good luck to all...I know, with the support of everyone here, we can do it!!

Replies

• auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been in this position more than once. I've just had to recommit myself to living a healthy lifestyle, regardless of cake from a birthday party or not! (Another one on Sunday!!!! oh no!)
    It's still a struggle for me...I have to constantly remind myself of how I'll feel about myself after the stuffing of my face!
    Good luck!!