Weight

Options
MFPfriend
MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
Everybody says that weight fluctuates daily, and that's why you shouldn't weigh yourself every single day.
Despite this, I still weigh myself daily. I find that my weight (when I drink all my water and stay under my sodium) steadily goes down .2 every day (which fits perfectly with my 700 calorie deficit). But during the day, it will go up (up to 4 pounds from my morning weight).

But for those that say weight fluctuates and weighing daily is bad- is it possible to not really have your weight change daily, and go steadily down? Again, I'll mention that I know going over my sodium and not drinking enough water makes me gain. But when that happens, I take my number with a grain of salt (not literally, of course... I don't need an even bigger weight gain, lol!).

Thanks guys!

Replies

• badgirllaughing
    badgirllaughing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but realize it does fluctuates depending on what i have eaten or drank from the day before and its really just weight of your food in your intestines or how much salt is in your system as you may retain water weight. I only post as it slowly goes down not all the variances.. You are the lightest when you first wake up and the heaviest late at night after all the food is still in your system.
  • resinite
    resinite Posts: 14
    Options
    I also weigh every day, but the only weigh I take seriously is in the morning before eating, without clothes.
  • Jennify
    Jennify Posts: 16
    Options
    I, like everyone else, weigh myself daily (sometimes multiple times a day), but I only record my weight once a week.

I think I weigh myself everyday just to see how I'm doing (even though I don't pay attention when its that time of the month cuz who knows what the weight will be). If I'm losing pounds (or parts of pounds) I keep at what I'm doing. If I'm going up I look at my diary and exercise to see what is causing it. But I definitely don't pay serious attention to my daily weight because I know it fluctuates so much.
  • amieclaire
    Options
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong! I've lost 3.5lbs this week and then this morning I get on the scales and I've put 0.75lbs on. Might not seem a lot but it's dented my confidence :( scared I'll fall back into eating everything in sight when I'm down.