would like some tall friends

Options
13»

Replies

• kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey buddy!

5'11" chick here. Currently at 245 and looking to get down to 175.

I had my best friend who's a nutritionist/ER nurse/yoga instructor (super health and fitness oriented) set my goal weight and based on your height and frame, you might want to bump up your goal weight a bit.

We took into account my height and frame size my measuring by wrist circumference to set my goal weight. You might want to try the same method. Just a thought :)
  • Harmoman
    Harmoman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 2... I started at 268-ish.. and I'm down to 225. The lowest I've been since.. college/high school.

Add me if you like
  • brobles38
    brobles38 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hey buddy!

5'11" chick here. Currently at 245 and looking to get down to 175.

I had my best friend who's a nutritionist/ER nurse/yoga instructor (super health and fitness oriented) set my goal weight and based on your height and frame, you might want to bump up your goal weight a bit.

We took into account my height and frame size my measuring by wrist circumference to set my goal weight. You might want to try the same method. Just a thought :)
    good suggestion thanks
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    If you want a representative from the short side, I'm available! I'm a terrific motivator, too! I'm 5' tall and my husband is 6'4" if that helps, so I kinda know what some of your challenges are. And BTW, I'm used to short jokes. So be prepared to get zinged right back!
  • willbeskliz
    willbeskliz Posts: 31
    Options
    Wow so many tall peeps. Good to see. I am 5 ft 11 1/2 ins. Please add me.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i'm sort of tall for a girl lol i'm 5 foot (nearly) 9.
  • miroberts23
    miroberts23 Posts: 42
    Options
    I envy you I'm only 5'3".
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I really can't see how you can be 6'5" and want to weigh 150 thinking that 170 is too much for your frame. I am 6'3" and 190 so you can add me as well. I guess my short term goal for this summer is to lose maybe 5 lbs, but typing that out it seems like so much to lose. I already have some decent definition in my abs. I have been lifting consistently for a little over a year now and hope to be somewhere around the 205-210 lb range before next summer. Still 150 sounds crazy to me.

I was wondering why no one else had posted this. I'm ONLY 6'1" and I'm about 220lbs, although I'm not trying to lose weight, I can't comprehend being 6'5" and 150lb, if there's ever a windy day, you'll blow away!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    6 foot 3 add me...its good being us!:)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and you're welcome to add me as long as you log daily and post a status update from time to time.
    If you are FR me, please put a note of where you found me. I've been getting a lot of blank invites. :o/
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Im 6'2" you can add me if you like. I have recently got into doing a lot of free weight lifting and you can really tell a difference quickly I think.
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I really can't see how you can be 6'5" and want to weigh 150 thinking that 170 is too much for your frame. I am 6'3" and 190 so you can add me as well. I guess my short term goal for this summer is to lose maybe 5 lbs, but typing that out it seems like so much to lose. I already have some decent definition in my abs. I have been lifting consistently for a little over a year now and hope to be somewhere around the 205-210 lb range before next summer. Still 150 sounds crazy to me.

Currently not adding any people, but thought I pop by and say that 150 for a 6'5" male seems way underweight.
    I am a 6'1" female and currently weigh 165 at goal. I'd encourage you to revisit your weight goals, especially if you are looking at wanting to lift.

I would have to agree. While I am female my doctor told me a healthy weight for me is around 165-170. Im shooting for 170 b/c I want to be muscular. When I was 150 I looked like a skeleton.
    Just my thought.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from the UK and I am only 5'6, but would be glad of any sort of help (tall or short) as I need to lose at least 30 - 35 lb's.

I am ok with my diet (I think), only on 1200 caloires at the moment, but not really sure how many to have once I get back to the gym..

:smile:
  • seanyldn
    seanyldn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 6'3, and I'm same... was nearly 190, aiming for the 150s! The pot belly is gone thankfully, abs are slowly returning! Add me for sure. :)
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Whoa whoa whoa!! According to everyone academic and medical resource I have seen you should not go below 185 lbs at that height. Are you using some obscure unit of measurement? Do you mean pounds!?!?

Feel free to ignore me, report me, whatever but I think your mental and physical health would suffer at that weight.

Feel free to add me anyway. I will support everyone in the giant tribe.

This is what 6'5" at 150 lbs looks like. Not bad if you live in a concentration camp.

605-140_Wolf_L1.jpg

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/l/605-140_Wolf_L1.jpg
  • madmax0412
    madmax0412 Posts: 65
    Options
    6' 3ish and 239lbs (with about 30lbs to lose -- at 209 I'd be ripped!) checking in!

I sent a friend request but I'm also a bit confused and concerned by your goal -- are you 100 mile cyclist or something?

That's the kind of weight that a professional cyclist comes in at.

But besides all that, I'm always keen on staying positive and motivating.
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    6'4" and anyone can add me!
  • 2ahealthyme
    2ahealthyme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    6'1" here. Feel free to add me. :)
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Whoa whoa whoa!! According to everyone academic and medical resource I have seen you should not go below 185 lbs at that height. Are you using some obscure unit of measurement? Do you mean pounds!?!?

Feel free to ignore me, report me, whatever but I think your mental and physical health would suffer at that weight.

Feel free to add me anyway. I will support everyone in the giant tribe.

This is what 6'5" at 150 lbs looks like. Not bad if you live in a concentration camp.

605-140_Wolf_L1.jpg

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/l/605-140_Wolf_L1.jpg

What the heck?! These images are changing!!!
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello! Tall female here -- around 5'11" or 6'0" -- looking to lose around 50lbs total...and planning on adding particularly several of my fellow lengthy ladies up here, so lookout! :)