really Japan?!?!?! why can't you share with us?

Options
bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member
This came up on my "This is Why I'm Broke" webpage link today...

green-tea-kit-kat-bars.jpg
Green Tea Kit Kat Bars
May 2, 2013 - 2 Comments
Experience candy like they do on the other side of the world when you take a break with the green leaf Kit Kat bars. This Japanese made Kit Kat bar offers a distinct green tea infused flavor that satisfies your requirement of sugar while soothing your nerves in the process.

I went to the actual shopping page, which showed me these other delicious sounding flavors:

Strawberry:
51IvAGppaLL._SX342_.jpg

Blueberry Cheesecake:
51VXMiIQibL._SX342_.jpg

Pumpkin pudding:
51bjfcarrRL._SX342_.jpg

cinnamon!!!!!
31es%2BvwufkL.jpg

wasabi
41DVWZLBk9L.jpg

apple
51mqKzsGI0L._SX342_.jpg

citrus
31-F1iQRZQL.jpg

and lots of other flavors that I'm not too sure about (like sweet purple potato... WTF?!?!)

BUT I WANT THESE!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Definitely must seek these out at my local Asian supermarket!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I think purple sweet potato is taro and TARO IS AWESOME.

I love kitkats.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I want these, ALL OF THESE!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Motherruckers!!!!

why do they have all the awesome stuff...

i'm heading to the asian market this weekend in hopes they've jumped the border.....

especially strawberry, citrus and blueberry cheesecake.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I love going to the Asian market and grabbing random things. Lychee gummies? Delicious. Dried squid? Not so much. Very weird. Green tea mochi? Yummm..
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I think I'm alone in my thinking, but all of those flavors (sans the blueberry cheesecake) sound effing disgusting.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    No Sushi flavored...F them!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I think I'm alone in my thinking, but all of those flavors (sans the blueberry cheesecake) sound effing disgusting.

You are SO not alone!!!

Bolded for truth!!!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I freakin LOVE spicy sweet. That sounds so good.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You are SO not alone!!!

Bolded for truth!!!

Maybe you should keep an open mind because I've had most of those listed and they aren't bad. The strawberry is pretty good.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

You are SO not alone!!!

Bolded for truth!!!

Maybe you should keep an open mind because I've had most of those listed and they aren't bad. The strawberry is pretty good.

That's the one I want to try, though green tea and wasabi sound pretty interesting.

*edited to add - I want to try the apple too! Nom nom!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

You are SO not alone!!!

Bolded for truth!!!

There's having an open mind and there's knowing what you like and don't like. Strawberry flavored candy bars are on the do not like list.

Chocolate Kit Kats or gtfo.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

Green Tea Kit Kat Bars
    May 2, 2013 - 2 Comments
    Experience candy like they do on the other side of the world when you take a break with the green leaf Kit Kat bars. This Japanese made Kit Kat bar offers a distinct green tea infused flavor that satisfies your requirement of sugar while soothing your nerves in the process.

How am I meant to perform my green tea enema with that?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Green Tea Kit Kat Bars
    May 2, 2013 - 2 Comments

How am I meant to perform my green tea enema with that?

Green Tea Kit Kat...melts in your....ummm

I'm sure you'll figure it out! Good luck on all of your cleansing needs. :flowerforyou:
  • hiphopdisco
    hiphopdisco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can buy all that at Epcot centers Japanese section.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You are SO not alone!!!

Bolded for truth!!!

There's having an open mind and there's knowing what you like and don't like. Strawberry flavored candy bars are on the do not like list.

Chocolate Kit Kats or gtfo.

Agreed Lea. That's why I wouldn't touch the wasabi one at all. I hate wasabi. That made going to sushi places in Japan a pain because most of the time they put it in the sushi, not just on the side.
  • MarinoTEST
    MarinoTEST Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    When I moved to Okinawa, they don't have very many of these choices. One day a group of people from mainland Japan were requesting I conduct a workshop and asked how much I would charge. Instead of asking for actual payment, I asked to be paid in kit kats so I could try a variety of flavors. I was curious. I have tried probably about 20 flavors now. The group sent me more as a thank you when they arrived.

--Casey