Trouble breathing

Options
2»

Replies

• MadMacMom0309
    MadMacMom0309 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The medicine I take is Wellbutrane. Other things I take are St. John's Wort, Ginkho Baloba, Vitamin B Complex, Niacin (Flush Free)-

I would say ditch all the supplements, especially SJW as it is known to interact with prescription meds. Or at least talk to a pharmacist to find out all you can about them and how they interact with Wellbutrin and the other supplements.

I won't say anything about the MJ except that while it may not be physically addictive I know for a fact it is psychologically addictive (i.e. depending on it to get through the day).
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I actually had to learn how to breathe when I started running. (no seriously)

I would breathe normally, then harder and harder until I was panting with lungs burning, then on to gasping .. clearly this wasn't going to work. I was basically waiting for my body to request more oxygen then playing catch-up for the rest of the run.

Now what I do is after warmup, I will run with my running breathing, which for me is a 3-step in hale, 1 step pause, 3-step exhale, 1-step pause .... doing this before I "need* to seems to help at the tail end of my run. Think of it as loading up your oxygen cache.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    you're 6 ft 182 lbs, you dont need to lose weight, or run, you need to LIFT HEAVY and EAT.
  • kowfred
    kowfred Posts: 19
    Options

My diet is poor because I don't feel the urge to eat unless if I'm high which I often times honestly run high (marijuana) because it helps me tune out and mindlessly reach my goals. This hasn't effected my breathing before and the past because I was able to play sports and increase my performance so i know its not from smoking that has led to this.

Running high on weed is likely to result in more problems than breathing, like, perhaps, traction or a tombstone.

Get your life in shape, eat right and get off of drugs. You're 18? What are you doing this for?

Sometimes the children on these boards just drive me nuts. 'I'm trying to lose weigh and it's not working," say the anorexic teens who's legs are toothpicks and who eats 500 calories a day. "Why can't I breathe?" OP asks between puffs of MJ.

Eating disorders and drug addictions need to be dealt with through a rehab program, not via message boards.

Sorry. Rant over.

FYI Pot is not an addictive drug. So please don't treat him like a drug addict. If it helps him to have an appetite then good for him. In some states he could get a prescription for that.

Running while high though may not be safe. I would not do an intense workout while high just because you have a better chance off spacing out and getting hurt. A walk or hike in the woods is always nice.

My breathing on a run is a LOT easier 45mins to an hour after smoking a bowl than it is normally. But smoking right before a run? That will cause me some breathing problems too.

Sullus, is that marijuana or crack? Marijuana is a natural asthma cure, but I'd run first, take a break and light a bowl, then finish the second half of the run high, maybe a little slower than the first half. Then smoke another bowl when I get home. But look out for the munchies.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Sullus, is that marijuana or crack? Marijuana is a natural asthma cure, but I'd run first, take a break and light a bowl, then finish the second half of the run high, maybe a little slower than the first half. Then smoke another bowl when I get home. But look out for the munchies.

A bowl of crack? What are you? on Crack?
  • kowfred
    kowfred Posts: 19
    Options

Oh, you freebase? Faster that way. I wish I was on crack, do you have any left?
  • rileyhill77
    Options

Oh, you freebase? Faster that way. I wish I was on crack, do you have any left?

About the marijuana part. The cannabinoids found in marijuana (there are many), cannibidiol and delta 6 tetrahydracannibinol are both just two of these chemicals that react with the human brain similarly as a chemical already produce in the body anandamide. So basically its just a more concentrated dose of this chemical that will react with your pleasure receptors greater than the realease of anandamide from the human body obviously. THC being the cannabinoid that gives the sedating affect I guess you could say.

Even though marijuana has tar in it at the same time it is fighting against cancer growing cells, whether you'd like to believe it or not, science proves it. Legality over the issue pushes many peoples' first response about a runner who smokes is that it is the direct problem and I assure it isn't.

Marijuana also has been proven to not show the same respiratory related ilnesses as tobacco. Once again proven by science.

Also you guys might think that smoking marijuana will damage my run, however this is wrong again. Marijuana increases the heart rate which intensifies my workouts, and is known to cause bronchiodialation which is the short term expansion of airways. Explained a bit more, I can breath easier. So yes this is a natural remedy for asthma.

I've done lots of research about weed, I'm not just a pot head I have a brain that I use and a life that I live using it and will continue. I'm looking for advice that overlooks knowledge that I am a marijuana smoker.
  • rileyhill77
    Options

My diet is poor because I don't feel the urge to eat unless if I'm high which I often times honestly run high (marijuana) because it helps me tune out and mindlessly reach my goals. This hasn't effected my breathing before and the past because I was able to play sports and increase my performance so i know its not from smoking that has led to this.

Running high on weed is likely to result in more problems than breathing, like, perhaps, traction or a tombstone.

Get your life in shape, eat right and get off of drugs. You're 18? What are you doing this for?

Sometimes the children on these boards just drive me nuts. 'I'm trying to lose weigh and it's not working," say the anorexic teens who's legs are toothpicks and who eats 500 calories a day. "Why can't I breathe?" OP asks between puffs of MJ.

Eating disorders and drug addictions need to be dealt with through a rehab program, not via message boards.

Sorry. Rant over.

My last comment is towards you as well.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Pot is not good for anxiety ! Surely you know this !?
  • rileyhill77
    Options
    Cannabidiol is often times a treatment for anxiety! CBDs that is, the cannabinioid I mentioned in my last comment. This is a lot of the reason I smoke.

I'm diagnosed with SAD and GAD.
    Knowledge is off the top of my head, the link is for proof.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21307846
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have all the answers for your own problems... Good luck m8!