If i hear one more person...

Options
-talk about thyroid
-talk about not being able to lose
-talk about how its hard

Let's go! No excuses! Work hard play hard. C'mon people stop giving your self excuses of why you can't lose weight.

Just put in the work in the gym and the kitchen.

ITS HARD BUT POSSIBLE. BE DISCIPLINED. IT WILL PAY OFF.

I care about everyone on here, but lets get to work and stop making excuses.

Replies

• Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Do you have a thyroid disease?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I would but my metabolism is really messed up and my whole family are overweight so it's genetic and my knees hurt and I have a bad back and my husband brings home pizza and my kids only eat chicken nuggets and I don't live near a gym and we're on a really tight budget and I have no time and I have PCOS and my thyroid is messed up and I really can't think of any other excuses but it's just hard for me.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Well the thyroid is a legit excuse, as it does secrete a hormone that controls weight loss/gain. If it is out of whack, and not being helped by meds, it is harder to lose.

The other two, are people just being lazy.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

No! I asked you first. Do you have a thyroid disease?
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You're 18 years old. See if you feel the same way in 25 years with some arthritis and a sluggish thyroid.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    My uncle is sabotaging me.
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I believe he was trying to be motivational but it didn't quite come off that way. eh what can you do?
  • Kamile69
    Kamile69 Posts: 87
    Options

Exactly!!!!!!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Bless your cotton socks.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You're 18 years old. See if you feel the same way in 25 years with some arthritis and a sluggish thyroid.

My thoughts exactly. Kids these days, sheesh! :laugh:
  • abenardini
    abenardini Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Having thyroid issues suck! I was born without one BUT I don't use it as an excuse..I work around it..and I JUST WORK HARDER..People talking about having thyroid issues is just people sharing their frustrations with others who are in their same shoes. If you don't struggle with thyroid disease then you really shouldn't assume people are using it as an excuse.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

I care about everyone on here, but lets get to work and stop making excuses.

You care about EVERYONE on here?

Not me, there are lots of them I absolutely cannot STAND.

:devil:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly. Kids these days, sheesh! :laugh:

Ding ding!
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In the spirit of being sympathetic to their plights, I do believe alot of people are learning the process and are just asking questions and reaching out for support. Believe it or not, this process does not come easy to a lot of people. For some it does. Have some patience and understanding. Don't read those if they bother you.
  • LumpsandRolls
    Options
    I REALLY like chicken wings.

...and pizza.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have a thyroid disease.

It makes it more difficult. It does not make it impossible. And not surprisingly, I feel best when I am eating well and exercising.

Take that, Thyroid.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I have thyroid disease. There! You heard/read it one more time! :laugh:
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It is simple... look away. Ignore if it doesn't apply to you. :glasses:

Not everyone is on 'your' level (whatever level that may be).

Sure sometimes it comes down to just making it happen.

If others struggle and seek guidance or pity, so be it. Cool? :tongue:
  • jaw783
    jaw783 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Unless you suffer from thryoid problems then you really shouldn't speak on this issue. It is VERY difficult to even get out the bed some days if your meds are not adjusted let alone workout!!!
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but I broke my back, I have scoliosis, a 2 year old, chronic migraines, and depression.
    And I agree. I'm also 20.
    Stop the f'ing excuses. If you want your paycheck, go to work. If you want your results, start working on yourself. End of story.
This discussion has been closed.