It's the little things that count...

Options
AZ_Gato
AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
I did a small favor for a friend yesterday and you would have thought I gave her a diamond ring. Taking out the trash, washing your woman's car, bringing her some Starbucks on a busy day, remebering some small little tidbit she shared, etc.

What do you guys do to keep that fire burning? Ladies, what little things does/could he do?

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what I do it's not enough.........

but seriously.......trash.... lawn....clean house........make dinner......take kids so she can have some time........it's the little things.....except for that thing.......then it's a big thing
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

but seriously.......trash.... lawn....clean house........make dinner......take kids so she can have some time........it's the little things.....except for that thing.......then it's a big thing

for me the more I do the more that is expected.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    well aren't you all just full of joy?!

makes me glad to be single. sheesh.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I withhold sex for months at a time. That way when he finally gets it, he's grateful for weeks.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    it's actually "the big thing" that makes me happy....
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I withhold sex for months at a time. That way when he finally gets it, he's grateful for weeks.

You just made me cry a little on the inside.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

'LOL we know who wears the pants. I would have divorced or broke up with you ...that is offensive ....
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    It's the little things that count...
    for the record *not a size queen*
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Gonorrhea usually keeps the fire burning.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

'LOL we know who wears the pants. I would have divorced or broke up with you ...that is offensive ....
    ^With that attitude you wouldn't even get it every 6 months.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My man bought me a set of 4 Guinness glasses and 4 tulip New Belgium Brewery glasses yesterday and my knees melted. It was love at first sight again! :)
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options

lol funny...but thats just cold....i could never use that as an award &/or punishment....
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    it's actually "the big thing" that makes me happy....

You filthy...

callme.gif
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do to keep that fire burning? Ladies, what little things does/could he do?

I've really been trying to improve myself in this area. Not just in my love relatinoship, but in all my relationships. For me I have found my deepest satisfaction in life has been when I give of myself. But I digress a bit.

So, for the last several months I have made sure my wife always has fresh flowers according to the season. I make sure I text her and tell at least once a day (more like three or four times a day) how incredible, beautiful, strong, sexy, and generally amazing a women, mother, and wife she is. I try to set aside time that I just let her talk and I listen (I get up with her every morning at 4:40am to have coffee and do this. I make the coffee, get her meals ready for the day and send her out the door before getting the kids up and ready for school so we don't have any distractions).

I write her love notes and leave them in her car sometimes.

One of the last "dates" we went on I actually left the house for the day and told her I would be by to get her at 6pm. She had no idea where we were going, what I would look like, and I had no idea what she would look like. I actually rang the doorbell on our house and treated it just like a first date. It was pretty cool.

Other little things.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It is so nice when your other half does something to give you an unexpected break from things you were expecting to have to do yourself.

Example, you just get home from work and think I must go take the trash out, and you find it is already done? Silly things, they don`t mean a lot in the big picture, but it takes a little pressure off.

It also is a feel good factor if you do something nice for someone else, even if they are not related.

Holding a door open for someone (people don`t do that as much as they should do) Reaching for something on a shelf at the supermarket that someone can not reach (without being asked for help_

Little things/acts of kindness cost nothing but a moment of your time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    And sometimes those little things get paid forward too...

Had a really **** day on Tuesday and ended up having to work until quite late in the evening, which left my wife at home with our two boys to fend for herself (no easy task with a 3 year old and 9 month old boys). I'm generally the cook in the house and prepare about 99.9% of our meals....it is something my wife is very grateful for because it's just another something off her full plate.

So, Tuesday night I get home around 10PM from work...15 hour day and I'm starving because I didn't pack enough food for a late night at the office. So I get home and open the fridge, thinking I'd just rummage up some leftovers or something...but I open the fridge, and there is one of my favorite things on the planet. A bacon, tomato and avocado sandwich on toasted olive bread...she even made the olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing that I dress it with and put it on the side. Pulled the sandwich out and went to reach for a glass to get some water...and there was a full glass of red wine waiting for me. It was awesome.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've been a single mom for 6 years, so the chores around the house are like second nature to me. I actually feel awkward if someone else does the dishes, laundry, cooks, takes out the trash, etc.

If I'm having a bad day, and he calls or texts me to see how I'm doing. If we're out, and he steals a kiss when he thinks no one is looking. If we're sitting on the couch watching TV and he reaches over to hold my hand. If he stays up to talk with me, even though he's exhausted from a long day. It really is the little things with me.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options

^With that attitude you wouldn't even get it every 6 months.

Hilarious! But I don't make him wait that long especially if I come home to a clean house or even washed dishes...He works 7 on/7 off so he has 7 days he can make the house pretty. lol! I try to once every week at least....it's what I have read that men need to feel like a man.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Just do the trash and lawn, and skip the cooking and cleaning. You'll be better off.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=men-who-do-housework-have-less-sex