If i hear one more person...

Options

Replies

• mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Dude, then don't read those threads. Some people DO have thyroid problems, some people DO have arthritis, firbromyaglia, joint issues, back problems, scoliosis, diabetes, and numerous other health issues that have - guess what? nothing to do with YOU
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    -talk about thyroid
    -talk about not being able to lose
    -talk about how its hard

Let's go! No excuses! Work hard play hard. C'mon people stop giving your self excuses of why you can't lose weight.

Just put in the work in the gym and the kitchen.

ITS HARD BUT POSSIBLE. BE DISCIPLINED. IT WILL PAY OFF.

I care about everyone on here, but lets get to work and stop making excuses.

While I agree that these should never be excuses that make us give up, I don't see anything wrong with 'talking' (i.e. posting) about them. Sometimes hard things are easier when you have someone who shares your struggles.

You don't have to read all the posts. Just move on if it's a subject you don't want to 'hear'.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You're 18 years old. See if you feel the same way in 25 years with some arthritis and a sluggish thyroid.

My thoughts exactly. Kids these days, sheesh! :laugh:

Ding ding!

I'm 18... I have arthritis, tendinitis, crippling asthma/allergies and Irritable Bowel Syndrome... Don't assume it's easier for us because we're young.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

You care about EVERYONE on here?

Not me, there are lots of them I absolutely cannot STAND.

:devil:

She means me
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    -talk about thyroid
    -talk about not being able to lose
    -talk about how its hard

Let's go! No excuses! Work hard play hard. C'mon people stop giving your self excuses of why you can't lose weight.

Just put in the work in the gym and the kitchen.

ITS HARD BUT POSSIBLE. BE DISCIPLINED. IT WILL PAY OFF.

Brah....DO you even lift?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Fine, I won't mention how hard it is anymore. I'm not sure my husband is going to be very happy with you.
  • meredithgomez
    meredithgomez Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bro, do you even vote?

Oh my god this was the funniest thing ever.

Seriously, though. Thyroid problems can get really serious. We have no control over our naturally low metabolisms (or cause by diseases), hormone levels and genetic factors. It's harder for some people and they deserve respect for trying.
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose my hard thyroid.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    To the OP's point, I agree that it can be very easy to make excuses...I did for about 10 years until I decided that it was those excuses that were holding me back.

But, OP...there are legit reasons that people struggle with weight control, including medical conditions, certain medications, etc. Also legit reasons why people can't exercise or can only do very little exercise.

I'm too tired is a piss poor excuse...I have a thyroid problem or other medical condition is a perfectly valid reason that one would struggle mightily with their weight.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Do you have a thyroid disease?

Just the opposite, he is a teenager who only need to lose 30 lbs lol
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I REALLY like chicken wings.

...and pizza.

lolololol This^^^^^^
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You're 18 years old. See if you feel the same way in 25 years with some arthritis and a sluggish thyroid.

My thoughts exactly. Kids these days, sheesh! :laugh:

Ding ding!

I'm 18... I have arthritis, tendinitis, crippling asthma/allergies and Irritable Bowel Syndrome... Don't assume it's easier for us because we're young.

I get what you are saying. but everyone over 25 had irritable mouth syndrome. Its nothing person, we just don't give a tiny rats fanny anymore about what anyone under 25 has to say.
    Good luck with not having any excuses for your obvious medical conditions. I do hope you are doing well though.
    Cheers, god bless:flowerforyou:
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I believe he was trying to be motivational but it didn't quite come off that way. eh what can you do?

I totally agree. He had good intentions but we are not all in the same situation.

yeah we all have excuses but if we really want it we can have it. It doesn't happen overnight and it is definitely not easy. I can tell you from experience that there's is not a more empowering feeling than the one you get from losing weight and having the body you always dreamed of. The fact that it is a challenge makes it all the better. It's good thing that it takes time because in that time you learn so much about yourself. You find what really motivates you and what barriers truly stand in your way. Are the barriers excuses? Yeah sometimes, but they are still legitimate challenges that you will find a way to overcome.

That said the key to long-term weight loss is patience and passion. You have to want it more than anything. Losing weight has to be the top priority in your life. We all want to lose weight and look awesome but it's simply not enough to want it, you have to need it. I've lost weight and gained it back many times in my life and each time I really wanted to be fit but it wasn't until had this mentality of I'm going to "lose weight or bust " or burst :) when it finally happened once and forever. Sure I hit a few "barriers" but I was not going to give up. so with patience and passion, I eventually found my way through them.

Also there's numerous ways to lose weight, the best way is the way you can actually maintain. I hate short-term diet fads. You have to make a lifestyle change that's do-able from here on out. Day one of this plan is the same as Day 10,000. Otherwise the weight will come back.

Remember patience and passion. If I can do it I know anyone can.
  • Honorablewoman
    Honorablewoman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with you!
  • MamaCass30
    MamaCass30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You'll what?

You left that part off...

Damn it! You beat me to it! :grumble:
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options
    I have PCOS and my thyroid is messed up

Both valid REASONS, not excuses, that require medical care most of the time. I'm on medication for PCOS, and losing weight before starting it was absolutely ridiculously difficult.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    But but but....my farts are so much stinkier when I eat healthy.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    "I am on a horse"
    --moo--
    "cow"
    tumblr_lor885QfQN1qc8b1uo1_500.jpg
  • skitttlesrock
    skitttlesrock Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hahahha
This discussion has been closed.