Breakfast Ideas - 300 calories or less - Post Them!

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
I thought this might help others and encourage people to eat a nice balanced breakfast. You can do a lot with 300 calories for breakfast.

This was my breakfast this morning.

2 super sized yellow corn tortillas
2 egg whites scrambled
1 Jimmy Dean Sausage Patty, diced
1 sprinkle cheddar cheese
1tablespoon tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon avocados, diced
1 tablespoon picante sauce, divided

Throw everything in the tortillas and enjoy! It is so good, so filling, and a lot of food for 300 calories!

s215430632.jpg

Replies

• jckranz
    jckranz Posts: 4
    Options
    On the run breakfast - a banana and 12-16 ounces of orange juice. Under 300 cals and will keep you going well into mid morning.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Bagel thin, turkey sausage, egg (or egg beater) and a 2% slice of cheese makes a fillin breakfast sandwhich for around 300 cals
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yoplait light- very vanillia
    3 med strawberries - chopped
    4tspns fresh gourmet walnut pieces

mix together ENJOY

1 packet quaker oatmeal and 1 slice sara lee 45 cal bread- toasted YUM and filling

100 calorie bagel
    1 pack to go cream cheese
    2 slices tomato
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    lina, thanks for posting that, and the picture..it looks AMAZING!! It's just what I have been looking for! I always have trouble with breakfast. Thanks!! :smile:
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Quaker high fiber cinnamon swirl oatmeal with Bare Naked granola sprinkled on top.

Coffee with sugar free hazelnut creamer :happy:
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Jenni-O - Extra Lean Turkey Bacon, 2 slice
    Egg Beaters - Original
    Aunt Jemima - Pancakes Low Fat, 3 Pancakes
    Smucker's - Sugar Free Low Calorie Breakfast Syrup

Total: 295Cals
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Apple or Orange + 1 Stick of String Cheese + 1 Fiber Plus Bar = 270 Calories
  • indybrown
    indybrown Posts: 31
    Options
    Now this sounds wonderful!...
    Egg Beaters - Original

• DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast looks AMAZING!

This morning I had 2 eggs, 3 whites, scrambled, and a slice of pepperjack cheese, accompanied by Special K20 protein water for 298 cals.

Sometimes I have maple brown sugar oatmeal and 2 eggs (boiled or poached or scrambled) for 300 cals.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters - Original

yum!!
  • Lilliesmom2010
    Options
    Melon-Ginger Smoothie Recipe

Nutritional Info (Per serving):
    Calories: 136,
    Saturated Fat: 0g,
    Sodium: 28mg,
    Dietary Fiber: 3g,
    Total Fat: 0g,
    Carbs: 34g,
    Cholesterol: 0mg,
    Protein: 1g

Prep Time: 10 mins
    Total Time: 10 mins

Ingredients

* 1 cup(s) melon, honeydew, chopped
    * 1/3 cup(s) kiwi, chopped and peeled
    * 1/2 banana(s), sliced
    * 1/4 cup(s) grape juice, white
    * 1/2 teaspoon ginger, juice
    * 2 teaspoon lime juice
    * 1/3 cup(s) lemon sorbet
    * 1/2 cup(s) ice cubes

Preparation
    Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse three times to chop the fruit, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.

I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds really yummy and you can still add some toast, or yogurt, or something else with it and make a great start for your day!
  • Nikki_Marz
    Nikki_Marz Posts: 35
    Options
    Bacon Lettuce Tomato & Egg Sandwich (or substitute the Bacon with Chedder or Marble cheese)

2 Slices Dempsters Bodywise Bread - (100 cal)
    1 egg, scrambled, fried or however you like it done - (70 calories)
    1 slice bacon (cut into smaller pieces so it looks like way more) - (80 calories) OR
    1 slice of cheese to thinly cover egg (Kraft cheese slice works to ) - (60 calories)
    couple slices tomato & some lettuce and voila!

Very filling breakfast, quick to do (minus the bacon part...thus substituting cheese is a great way to make it quick!) and between 250-300 calories, throw in half a cup of milk with it and you've got a quarter of your protein needs and your fiber for the day :)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    sandwich round or bagel thin or 100 calorie bagel or great start english muffin (100-110)
    1 slice of deli ham (i use publix sweet ham - 1 oz) (30-40)
    1 slice kraft 2% cheddar cheese (60)
    cup of watermelon or 7 strawberries or 1/2cup of grapes (50-60) (any fruit will do as long as it is 80 calories or less)
    french vanilla coffee w/splenda and 2 tbsp SF french vanilla creamer (30-40)
    total between 270-310 calories depending on your selection...

this is what i have for breakfast 5-7 days a week for over 2-3 years now...i love this meal...it is the easiest for me to prepare and eat on the drop off of kids and then drive to work....i feel like i'm having a "mcmuffin" or breakfast croissant sandwich without all the GREASE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had 1/2 fat free cottage cheese
    and a banana. Add some almond slivers. not as bad as it might sound.
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    2 slices wheat bread natures own, with butter spray and one grapefruit juice, with a banana!! i love it! i also sometimes have egg whites with a turkey slice, and grapefruit juice. i also enjoy oatmeal with fruit on top!!! YUMMM!!! i loveeeeeee breakfast!!
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ALL OF YOU GUYS ROCK!!! MY GOD BRILLIANT IDEAS !!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i/2 cup oatmeal (150) 1 bannana (90) 1/4 cup blueberries (21) brown sugar 2 tsp ( 30) = 291

cal carb fat pro na fiber
    291 63 3 6 1 8 gms

Yumm!!
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    2 slices whole-wheat bread (150-200 cal, depending on the brand)
    1 Tbs reduced-fat mayo (~40 cal)
    1 hard-boiled egg (~70 cal)
    mustard if you want

Spread the mayo (and mustard if you want) on the bread. Slice the egg thinly and put the slices on the bread. Eat.

You can add sliced tomato or lettuce if you want.

I often do this open-faced, with only one slice of bread, because I use homemade bread and it's a little too crumbly to make a proper sandwich :-)
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    i/2 cup oatmeal (150) 1 bannana (90) 1/4 cup blueberries (21) brown sugar 2 tsp ( 30) = 291

cal carb fat pro na fiber
    291 63 3 6 1 8 gms

Yumm!!

Sounds like my breakfast minus the banana and blueberries but add 50-100g of nectarines (into the oatmeal).
  • biggphatdaddy
    Options
    flatout flatbread, 2 large scrambled eggs, a sprinkling of mozarella cheese, and 1 slice of round cut canadian bacon, under 300 and it is so frickin good....

if you want it quick microwave scramble your eggs, and lay the canadian bacon in the bowl you microwave in, takes about 3 minutes to make it, one bowl, one fork to scramble your eggs in, then just lay your flatbread out with the cheese already on it, and then once the eggs are done wha-la

I like my eggs dry scrambled, if you like them a little fluffier add a tbsp of milk