Safe foods at burger king?

Options

Replies

• RockyPal
    RockyPal Posts: 12
    Options
    pepsi at bk? coke maybe? obviously sugar and some carbs??
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Double Whopper
    Vanilla Shake

All foods that fit within your macros are safe.

As for cleanliness I used to work in the food service industry. That is entirely dependent on the manner and practices in which they prepare your food.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Safe food? I didn't think Burger King had ANY food.

They obviously have food, they are a resturant
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Many fast food burgers have less calories than the chicken sandwich. Hold the mayo.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Double Whopper
    Vanilla Shake

All foods that fit within your macros are safe.

As for cleanliness I used to work in the food service industry. That is entirely dependent on the manner and practices in which they prepare your food.

I add cheese to my Double and the onion rings with that Zesty sauce! Oh and QFT
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Get a side salad, order a plain chicken breast they will cut it up, place it on your salad, use a light dressing, you have a nice lil chicken salad for a few bucks

Yup, this is what I do. Sometimes, I get risky and order TWO side salads, and cut the chicken breast up ;). Living on the wildside right there ;). Its a little high in sodium, but its reasonably healthyish (salad is a veg, and there's like four whole cherry tomatoes, if you get 2 salads, then there's 8!). Its the chicken that is so high in sodium.
    And, its gluten free. So, its got that going for it.
  • kcatlin9
    kcatlin9 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ask for a glass of water
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    sometimes in a hurry you have to stop at fast food whcih sucks.
    i would go with some sort of salad, im really not sure what they have bc i have not been to bk in quite some time. maybe with chicken on it, a dressing on the side.
    as far as beverages, i'd go with good old water (liquid calories to me aren't safe, and i hate the artificial sweeteners, they give me headaches and bladder flare ups).
    maybe even like a chicken sammich or something without the mayo?

i wouldn't get the veg burger, they're morning star and those ingredients aren't the friendliest either

Why are liquid calories unsafe? Now I'm a little concerned as I usually have a small pepsi with my chicken burger
    What do you mean by bladder flare up?

Every time my bladder flares up, I find a toilet and get rid of the liquid causing the flare up. After that, I'm good to go.
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    nothing...this was at the Burger King at Fort Meade near where I work on the base. l.jpg
  • JDanKing
    JDanKing Posts: 13
    Options
    I like the Apple - (Grilled) Chicken - Cranberry salad, with your dressing of choice. I get the Apple Balsamic Vinagrette.

Most of the carbs are in the dried (and possibly sweetened) cranberries, which you can pick out if you don't want them.

I am Diabetic, and I find that I tolerate this salad & dressing pretty well, with fairly low Bgl at after-meal spikes.

BTW - you can go to the MFP Database (Foods, Database) and look up everything they've got and see what fits your personal needs (if anything does).

Liquid calories aren't safe because the are basically sugar-water, which will be metabolized into blood sugar more quickly than ANYTHING else. This causes extremely high (unsafe) Blood Glucose Level spikes, a Diabetic's worst ememy.

I have sworn them off - but then I don't mind the artificial sweeteners like Sweet 'N Low, and I drink A LOT of iced tea and some Diet Sodas.

Best wishes!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I don't know about safe foods, but the safe WORD is "no more," and I've never had to use it.
  • jjefferies7
    jjefferies7 Posts: 120
    Options
    They're all safe.... just fit it into your days calories/macros and still hit your micros. Seriously, it's not going to kill you.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Burger King chicken nuggets with the barbecue sauce is really tough to beat. Add in a CHOCOLATE shake and onion rings and I can survive off that for the rest of my life.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I'm at burger king and looking at the various partially gelatinated, non-dairy, gum-based beverages and trying to decide which one would fit in to my new lifestyle.
    Do you know which ones are clean and which aren't?

technically nothing at BK would be considered "clean", but i'm sure you've already made your choice and moved on. :wink:

next time go to chipotle instead.
  • SirBonerFart
    Options
    They're all safe.... just fit it into your days calories/macros and still hit your micros. Seriously, it's not going to kill you.
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/28/dead-man-stops-at-burger-king-for-one-last-whopper-jr/
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Nothing safe at Burger King. I went on the website because I was thinking of trying the veggy burger and it has saturated fat. How does a veggy burger have saturated fat??????
    All fat sources, plant or animal will have some saturated fat in differing degrees. The veg burger has 1g of saturated fat, so your chances of a heart attack that day is pretty low.

Vegetables (Mushrooms, Water Chestnuts, Onions, Carrots, Green Bell Peppers, Red Bell Peppers, Black Olives), Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Protein Concentrate, Wheat Gluten, Water for Hydration), Egg Whites, Cooked Brown Rice (Water, Brown Rice), Rolled Oats, Corn Oil, Calcium Caseinate, Soy Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Wheat), Onion Powder, Corn Starch, Salt, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Natural Flavors from non-meat sources, Sugar, Soy Protein Isolate, Spices, Garlic Powder, Dextrose, Jalapeño Pepper Powder, Celery Extract. Contains: Soy, Wheat, Milk and Egg. This is NOT a vegan product. The patty is cooked in the microwave.

Sounds yummy, and their chef is also a frikken scientist and genius......my veg burger is pretty old fashion and simple compared to this world class and world renowned veggy burger. I wish I had a lab instead of a kitchen. j/k
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ask for a glass of water

ditto
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I don't know about safe foods, but the safe WORD is "no more," and I've never had to use it.

Uhm, that's actually two words. You need a better safe word.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Whopper with cheese.
  • SirBonerFart
    Options

Uhm, that's actually two words. You need a better safe word.

Please don't derail my thread, it is against forum rules