Non fat greek yogurt......

Options
2»

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I discovered it a couple of months ago and now eat it by the truckload and put it in EVERYTHING from baked goods to savory dishes, dips, sauces, sandwiches etc. etc. It's so expensive though, and I can never find the big containers, so I started making my own...I make about 2L at a time for a fraction of the cost of store-bought - I go through it in less than 2 weeks :love:
  • leap314
    leap314 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love vanilla flavored and mix in a tablespoon of peanut butter. Then I let it freeze for about 30 min...Yummy PB ice cream! :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an oxymoron. Just kidding, I prefer the full fat versions.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Full-fat Greek yogurt is awesome in curries, too. :flowerforyou:
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love vanilla flavored and mix in a tablespoon of peanut butter. Then I let it freeze for about 30 min...Yummy PB ice cream! :)

I must try this.............SOON!!!
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mix in some taco seasoning and you've got a nice replacement for taco dip :)
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it!!! I stir in a little olive oil, lime & basil to make a sauce for my salmon. I also use it instead of mayo when making chicken salad.. I have come across a ton of recipes on here, including Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Mini's (which is amazing)! I feel that the possibilities are endless with Greek Yogurt! :bigsmile:
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I love the Chiobani non-fat plain. Only 100 calories in 6oz with 18g protien and only 7g carbs/sugar! Just now getting into new recipeis and using it for dips, and stuff! It is expensive though..........would love to know how to make my own......?
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I eat the Dannon Oikos brand and it has 120 calories, no fat, 9 grams of carbs, and 22 grams of protein in a cup. I don't eat quite a cup a day. I make egg salad sandwiches and instead of the mayo, I mix in the yogurt! It's a great alternative and much healthier!
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Chobani all the way :)

I just tried adding a dry ranch seasoning packet to plain chobani, and it tastes great! A perfect viggie dip :)

I never thought about making a veggie dip with it! Thanks! :)
  • kimama01
    kimama01 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it!!! I stir in a little olive oil, lime & basil to make a sauce for my salmon. I also use it instead of mayo when making chicken salad.. I have come across a ton of recipes on here, including Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Mini's (which is amazing)! I feel that the possibilities are endless with Greek Yogurt! :bigsmile:

Greek yogurt cheesecake mini's!!!!! I need this recipe!!!
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I usually get enough healthy fats from EVO, coconut oil, nuts and cheese thru-out the day so I love non-fat, plain (no sugar added) chobani for a quick protein kick when I don't want to have fat. I make dessert of it by adding a little stevia and either cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder. Yum!
  • TJMiddaugh
    TJMiddaugh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i just sat down to snack on some and log it and i saw this post. haha plain with a little stevia and turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sometimes some sugar free smuckers added. maybe some vanilla.... pretty versatile stuff really
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I add a spoonful of jam, very nice!

ETA: and making tzatziki from it : )
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Add it to spaghetti sauce ( about 1/2 $ 1/2) with some Parmesan cheese....sauté spinach, mushrooms...grill chicken & add some pasta. Incredibly rich & delicious, healthy too.

oooooh, that sounds yummy!
  • lovelyr06
    lovelyr06 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love it also!

...nom nom nom