Options
2»

Replies

• Sera18
    Sera18 Posts: 3
    Options
    Time to bust out this pic again.
    itworkswraps.jpg

This made me giggle... Thank you to everyone... I am happy she saved me some money and time!!! I thought they were more of fat burners then it just taking water retention from my body!!!

Thank you all for the support it means a lot...
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Just have patience. And do work. It's so worth it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    My question in here is has anyone who reads this used the wrap and if so did they work? I am 350 lbs and was told today that they would not work on my body except for arms legs and neck... I need something for my belly as well as the rest of me... But right now I am exercising, walking, dancing, etc and also I am counting calories on here... So my question is has anyone on here that is obese used the wraps and they actually worked on their belly? I am so depressed right now after learning this because I was wanting to try them asap... Thank you for reading.
    Feel happy. They are a money making program designed to fool people into thinking that the temporary loss is really fat loss. You can't wrap fat and "melt" it off. Fat is lost through calorie deficit, so unless that wrap is tight enough to keep one from over consuming food, it's a gimmick.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I use homemade wraps, never done it in a spa/cosmetic shop or tried comercial wraps.

Done with the proper ingredients, they help get some toxins from your body (the skin is our biggest detoxifying organ), tone the skin and body (only temporary, the toning last at most a few days) and sometimes remove some water weight (which is not really losing weight... water weight comes and goes easily... is the fat you want to lose).
    Comestic wraps at spas are quick fix if you want your legs to look great and a little slimmer (for example), but in the long term they don't have any weight loss effect.

I love wraps made with clay (people go to special mud resorts all the time to fix health issues and it's a great treatment if used correctly - mineralized clay should be never handled with metal for example) and `hot` fixes like hot chilli extract or cinamon.
    The bad part is being foiled for at least an hour and keeping yourself hot the whole time (in the summer is even worse).

Again, I love them, I do them, but they are not more than a cosmetic treatment that does a small skin detox, moisturizes or tones, in function of the ingredients.
    Maybe, done properly and consistently, it may somewhat diminish cellulite (but not alone, together with sports and a healthy diet).
    Gotta say that detoxing is a myth. The main organs responsible for "detoxing" is the liver and kidneys.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Time to bust out this pic again.
    itworkswraps.jpg

Now that's a wrap!