In The Grand Scheme of Things....

Options
Msjay2blue
Msjay2blue Posts: 26 Member
What is the difference between regular water and flavored water? Would you say flavored water was better, worse or the same as clear soda?

Replies

• MrsBigDog
    MrsBigDog Posts: 7
    Options
    I "flavor" my water with fruits and veggies, like lemon, cucumber, ginger, strawberries etc. This gives me flavor but doesn't add harmful chemicals like aspartame. I've read and heard personal stories of people I know that lead me to believe this product should not be sold and is not fit for human consumption.

I like to be in CONTROL of what I'm putting in my body, if I can't pronounce it, spell it or grow it I don't like using it, not that I grow all of my own food but I want to recognize the ingredients in my food. I've kind of gotten away from my OBSESSIVE label reading but I'm going back to it.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Additives. To give it "flavor".
  • jonathanharwood
    jonathanharwood Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My opinion on it is: wahtever....there are 50 million things in this world that can kill you. If the additives in flavored water or w/e else is one of them then fine
  • Msjay2blue
    Options
    With that being said, if your friend or person you're helping refuse to drink water, would you say drink that rather than nothing or would you say, you may as well just drink the sprite, Sierra mist, etc?
  • Msjay2blue
    Options
    I'm learning about other flavored, but never heard of ginger. You will have to send me the parts per ounces. Sound interesting. Thanks for you reply.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between regular water and flavored water? Would you say flavored water was better, worse or the same as clear soda?
    It doesn't really matter. I think it's good to drink at least a little plain water (especially when I'm at the gym so I walk around with a gallon jug) but I drink some flavored water and some diet soda.
  • jjefferies7
    jjefferies7 Posts: 120
    Options
    aspartame is the leading cause of cancer in the universe
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    says what study?
  • jjefferies7
    jjefferies7 Posts: 120
    Options
    says what study?

notsrs.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Makes no difference. Both contain water. If Mio, Crystal Light, or other flavors make water easier to drink, go for it. It still counts as water! It's a liquid and it will hydrate you. The only drinks that are counter to this is alcohol (obviously) and some research says caffinated drinks should not count. Other than that, there's no reason not to drink zero calorie flavored water unless you are allergic to something else in it.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    says what study?

notsrs.
    there are too many dumb comments on this site for me to know who is being sarcastic and who isnt.

I will say sugar alcohols and stevia will **** up your stomach. It doesnt happen for everyone. Some people cannot tolerate sugar substitutes.
    I can handle splenda fine.

But... I tried some of that werthers sugar free candy. I had so much gas and I was in so much pain.
    bleh