goal weight for taller people

Options
I'm 6'5" and have set my initial goal weight at 150 after losing my belly fat. I want to start bulking after that but am curious what other taller people set as their goal

Replies

• ex11b90
    ex11b90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    6'5" @150 sounds really thin. I'm 6'3", my goal, and where I look best is 205-210, about 20 lbs away. My goal is still about 10 lbs above the government recomended weight, but for me I feel like I'd lose too much muscle to drop anymore. I'm kind of small boned too, but put on alot of muscle during my army years and just after.

That's me but you know what your comfortable with, go for it!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think you are crazy, personally, to be aiming for such an obscenely low weight. I mean, you are 6'5. What are you thinking? 150 is an acceptable weight for a FEMALE 7 inches shorter than yourself. You would look like someone out of Bergen Belsen, regardless of your build.
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'5" and have set my initial goal weight at 150 after losing my belly fat. I want to start bulking after that but am curious what other taller people set as their goal
    AND
    I have always been on the thin side weighing 150 most of my life. The last couple of years I gained 20 lbs. The extra weight went right to my stomach and at 6'5" with a thin frame it really shows.

I can now understand your desire to get down to 150 lbs, however would you be better to keep a little bit of the extra weight on board to give your body something to work with when you start working on bulking up? Perhaps someone else can guide you on this.

My son is 27yrs old and 6ft 5in tall with a large frame. He has always been on the heavier side of the ledger but at one stage got down to 100 kg (220 lb) which ties in with what someone else was saying.

I wish you well. You want this, so you WILL get there. GOOD LUCK.
  • brobles38
    brobles38 Posts: 45
    Options
    I think you are crazy, personally, to be aiming for such an obscenely low weight. I mean, you are 6'5. What are you thinking? 150 is an acceptable weight for a FEMALE 7 inches shorter than yourself. You would look like someone out of Bergen Belsen, regardless of your build.
    lol. I forgot to say I'm currently at 165 so I'm close
  • juliejules134
    juliejules134 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You had mentioned you wanted to bulk up in previous posts. You probably will not bulk up and be as low as 150. I think your weight lifting and toning goals more realistic than I like your weight goal. I am 6'3" and I am looking to be 185. I will not be as buff as you are planning for and I am a female, not a male. I think your weight is fine if you replace the flub for muscles. Keep up the good work! No matter the numbers, I hope you get to be as great as you want to look!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It sounds small for someone of your height. I'm female 5'9 and 150 is my goal and I was wearing uk size 8-10 at that weight before.
    Which is size small. Why do you want to get to 150? Have you been this size before?
    Congrats on your weight loss so far :smile:
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot 1, female and my goal weight is around 155lbs.
    You should be aiming for much higher than that!!
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That sounds tiny to me! My 15 year old son is 6ft 6.5" and is 189lbs - he doesn't have an ounce of fat on him but then he's only 15 so will bulk up over the next couple of years. He does have a naturally stocky frame rather than a skinny though - my eldest now 17 is 6ft 4" and 150lbs but he is REALLY skinny.
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft 2 and currently 177 .
    Im very slight framed and cyclist. I really wanted to shed another 10 lbs to be at fighting weight for mountain biking events.
    This is gonna be hard as im now down to 11-12% body fat. (I have massive quads) I've now stopped upper body weights to shed some are muscle to loose that little bit more up hill resistance.

I would say that 150 for 6'5" is fairly elite weight... even bradly wiggins only just hit this and he's 6'3" Thats at 4% bodyfat. even that is only maintainable for a few weeks.

I would measure your body fat and go no lower than 10% unless your training for something specific.
  • brobles38
    Options
    You had mentioned you wanted to bulk up in previous posts. You probably will not bulk up and be as low as 150. I think your weight lifting and toning goals more realistic than I like your weight goal. I am 6'3" and I am looking to be 185. I will not be as buff as you are planning for and I am a female, not a male. I think your weight is fine if you replace the flub for muscles. Keep up the good work! No matter the numbers, I hope you get to be as great as you want to look!
    thanks, my frame is very small so that makes it difficult for me. Naturally I have a small build.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft5 and my frame is very small. My wrists measure at 6.7".

The lowest I would ever go down to is 180lbs and that would leave me at below 10% body fat.

If by frame you mean you have very little muscle you are using the wrong term. Frame refers to your bone structure only.

Please go on a calories surplus and lift heavy otherwise you will suffer many problems as you age.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Dude, up that goal weight.

I am 5'10 and 160 and I am still way too skinny.

Or change your goal height
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Wow to be honest that sounds extraordinarily low to me. But hey if your doctor says you're healthy then to each their own!

FWIW, my boyfriend is 6'3" and looks fantastic at 200-210 depending on muscularity. My brother is 5'10" and looks best around 170-175. Those are my male benchmarks.
  • brobles38
    Options
    I am 6ft5 and my frame is very small. My wrists measure at 6.7".

The lowest I would ever go down to is 180lbs and that would leave me at below 10% body fat.

If by frame you mean you have very little muscle you are using the wrong term. Frame refers to your bone structure only.

Please go on a calories surplus and lift heavy otherwise you will suffer many problems as you age.
    my wrist is 5.5". I have been told my frame is very small
  • brobles38
    Options
    Wow to be honest that sounds extraordinarily low to me. But hey if your doctor says you're healthy then to each their own!

FWIW, my boyfriend is 6'3" and looks fantastic at 200-210 depending on muscularity. My brother is 5'10" and looks best around 170-175. Those are my male benchmarks.
    eventually after building muscle I want my goal higher but for now I just want to lose my stomach .
  • rachaelr22
    rachaelr22 Posts: 32
    Options
    5'11" here and my goal is 155. 150 for your height seems low but your frame might be little
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    5'11.5", goal weight is 150
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend is 6"2 and about 145-150lb. I WANT HIM TO PUT ON WEIGHT! He is so skinny, and I currently am stronger than him (yes, please look at my arms. His are not much bigger). He has always been a skinny, lanky Japanese and just doesn't care about missing meals, hence his skinny-ness.

150lb at your height is absolutely ridiculous! and likely impossible without some health problems and starving yourself :/
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options

You have such a way with words
  • TigerPawsSC
    TigerPawsSC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm just north of 6'1 and I look great at 190. i can't imagine being 150, even at my height. Then again, I'm build more like a safety than a corner.