Chicken......Again????

Options
lowdog5
lowdog5 Posts: 33
Hi everyone! Though I'd send this request out to all to find out if there are any good Chicken recipes out there! Wings/Breast/Legs/Thighs. All are welcomed.....

Thanks!

Mark

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I just bought some boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

I sprinkled garlic salt, onion powder, seasoned salt, chili powder and worchesteshire sauce on both sides and bake at 350 for 20-25 mins.

They're pretty good!
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I eat about a pound of chicken a day so a good variety would help

Thanks OP
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Umm.. why so much chicken? What about fish, prawns, crabs, lobster, yabbies, oysters, mussels, calamari, octopus, cuttlefish, sea urchin, eel, pork, wild boar, beef, lamb, veal,croc, alligator, elk, emu, ostrich, turkey, llama, kangaroo, buffalo, frogs, snails, etc etc.. then there are all the vegetarian versions. I'd go nuts eating the same meat all the time.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Chicken is good because it's relatively low in calories, has lots of protein, and is filling. It's an easy go-to type food that can be used in about a gazillion different ways.
  • ashleylmp
    ashleylmp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    2 parts raw honey
    2 parts lemon juice
    1 part balsamic vinegar

Marinade any meat for approximately 2 hours and cook either on the stove, in the oven, or on the grill (my favorite)! I make boneless skinless thighs this way several times a week. SO GOOD
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A little olive oil, slices of citrus and fresh herbs, close in aluminum like a package. Hubby and 5 yr old son are picky eaters but they love it
  • lowdog5
    Options
    WOW......Never knew you could actually eat come of the items you mentioned......would love to hear the recipies...

Umm.. why so much chicken? What about fish, prawns, crabs, lobster, yabbies, oysters, mussels, calamari, octopus, cuttlefish, sea urchin, eel, pork, wild boar, beef, lamb, veal,croc, alligator, elk, emu, ostrich, turkey, llama, kangaroo, buffalo, frogs, snails, etc etc.. then there are all the vegetarian versions. I'd go nuts eating the same meat all the time.
  • lowdog5
    Options
    That sounds good...I'm going to have to try this....Thank you!
    A little olive oil, slices of citrus and fresh herbs, close in aluminum like a package. Hubby and 5 yr old son are picky eaters but they love it
  • lowdog5
    Options
    Jennifer,
    This sounds pretty good...I'm going to have to give this a try....Thank you so much!!! :)

I just bought some boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

I sprinkled garlic salt, onion powder, seasoned salt, chili powder and worchesteshire sauce on both sides and bake at 350 for 20-25 mins.

They're pretty good!
  • fit_ania
    fit_ania Posts: 26
    Options
    inside out chicken kiev
    chicken breast baked with a topping of (tablespoon of grated wholeal bread mixed witholive oil / low fat spread, parsley and garlic

any type of chicken skewers with peppers, mushrooms, onions, pineapple

chicken, mango and avocado salad with spinach

stir fried chicken breast with sriracha sauce (or hot sauce) with veggies and side of quinoa

chicken stew with chopped tomatoes, peppers, onions and lots of paprika

just play with recipes
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    apriot chicken
    Teriyaki chicken
    chicken curry
    sweet chili chicken
    sweet and sour chicken

anyone can add me
  • feistymoon
    feistymoon Posts: 152
    Options
    Blend 4 cloves of garlic, 2 deseeded green chillis (or more if you like it hot), juice of 3 lemons, big chunk of ginger, a little oil.

Marinade chicken legs in about 2/3 of this mix, save the rest....

Brown off the chicken in a skillet / pan

blend a bunch of coriander with a little tomato paste, couple spoons of water, and the rest of the mixture

Add to the pan, simmer until the meat is cooked. Last 5 minutes add some low fat natural youghurt to cream it up a bit.

Serve with rice and yoghurt with mint and coriander.

Nom!
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump....I need new recipes too. Thanks everyone!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I would want to die if I just had to eat chicken. Especially bone and skin off breast omg. Horrid boring stuff.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Take a skinless chicken breast, either fry in low-calorie cooking spray or grill with some garlic and parsley, then top with a thin slice of blue cheese and jalapeno peppers and finish under the grill to melt the cheese a little. Quick, easy and delicious. It also works brilliantly for steak.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Go boneless chick Breast and then shred it !!! Serve to taste!:wink:
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    PARMESAN CHICKEN BAKE

INGREDIENTS:
    6 chicken breasts
    ... 1 C light mayonaise or greek yogurt (I have done 1/2 of each as well)
    1/2 c fresh parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
    1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (This is NOT regular table salt. It is a mixture of seasonings)
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    DIRECTIONS :
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of a 9x13 glass pan. Lay the chicken inside the pan.
    2. Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread evenly over each piece of chicken, being sure to cover all the exposed raw meat (so it doesn't dry out.) Sprinkle on a bit more fresh parmesan over all the chicken.
    3. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. This dish is even better the next day, so just reheat in the microwave!
    **Some have commented that this dish was way too salty. Please be sure you are using fresh parmesan cheese, not the stuff from a can. Also, use seasoning salt, NOT table salt. I have made this many, many times and have never had trouble with the salt level. If you are worried, use less but please don't make substitutes
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    bump
  • turboturtlepower
    Options

For some people, it's just cheaper (assuming that's why many people use chicken so much ). As a family of 6, getting a bag of chicken lasts longer vs. all those others ;)