weight gain and menstrual cycle

Options
2»

Replies

• OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I once ballooned up to 265 lbs on my menstrual cycle. Oh wait… that was real life.
    And yes, it's normal :)
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight before having my son I didn't have this problem so I didn't even know it happened! Since having my son about 1 week before my period starts I gain about 1kg (2.2lbs)! It's taken 1.5 weeks since my period starting to lose that kilogram again! It's like I'm taking a 2 steps forward and one step back every month! :(

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/246100-tom-experiment-preliminary-results?hl=menstrual+cycle+experiment
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    ITs normal.. I gained almost 8 pounds this month from it.. I just drink a crap ton of water and by the 3rd or 4th day after its over the weight has dropped and normally a couple pounds too.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Yup, get used to seeing that fluctuation on the scale! I stopped weighing myself regularly, but I can still see and feel the weight increase before my period. It's basically just water retention and makes me feel/look bloated (though I'm sure most other people don't notice), so I have to remind myself not to feel bothered because I do go back to normal after about a week.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Totally normal!

Our weight can fluctuate 3-5 lbs in ONE DAY, without your menstral cycle. So gaining the week of is completely okay.
    I personally avoid the scale those days, no need to get myself down for no reason.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Maybe we all should just save ourselves the heartache and not weigh in the week we have it.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    So, I am fairly new to this whole thing,

Congratulations! In most societies that's a right of passage and you would be considered a woman now. Best of luck with this and with your fitness goals.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I was pretty freaked out too when I got my period for the first time.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Ou are holding water... I weigh daily and look at my mean body weight over time...spreadsheet and graph...
  • StarrySkiesYvaine
    StarrySkiesYvaine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here take tablets or anything to try and reduce water retention? (either for time of the month or all the time)

I know they exist but unsure whether it's wise to use them :S