Whats a good protein bar??

Options
1235»

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I buy random organic and natural protein bars. I have yet to find any that i love. I like the go raw brand, but wish they were less calories. I found one called think thin (i think that's what it's call) high protein low calorie, but I haven't tried it yet, also did not check if it's organic or natural. Also like cliff bars and luna lemon zest, but the protein in those are not really high.. I just need to start making them already. I got this one called green something or other, that was really good.. but i can't seem to find it again..

I literally go to the natural grocers and get one of each kind of organic protein bar in all different flavors.. lol. Only way to find one you like in my opinion

Also.. think thin is non-gmo.. which is why i switched to organic.. so anything non-gmo is good in my book.
  • photojunkie28
    photojunkie28 Posts: 292
    Options
    Pure Protein chewy chocolate chip. It's kinda like eating cookie dough. I honestly love them and I love that there is only 3g of sugar. So many protein bars are just glorified candy bars. And to top it off Kroger runs them in ads sometimes for 10/$10

Or homemade protein brownies. Google recipes. Super easy and inexpensive
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Think Thin Protein Bars

230 cals
    20g protein
    0g sugar
    26g carbs

Gluten Free & Yummy :]

Another good one. Love the brownie crunch
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Clif bars are my favorite...especially the chocolate fudge brownie ones :)
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    chicken and tuna and halibut and cottage cheese and lean beef and eggs and pumpkin seeds

This. Or homemade jerky. And salmon!

Make your own, if that's what you really want. Almond butter + whey protein, add whatever else you want (cinnamon, vanilla extract, coconut, etc), eat with a spoon. Very little carbs (just get the plain almond butter).
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I buy the life choice brand , but only like the peanut butter crunch, low sugar carb 210 cals 21 g of protein!
  • nnm1976
    nnm1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Luna Bars...so tasty! I eat one when I'm in a rush and need a quick snack. My personal favorite is the Lemon Zest one. They don't taste like cardboard and you can find them anyway!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I recently got some of the Earnest Eats protein bars. They weren't super high protein, but they were natural ingredients and super tasty. The choco peanut butter and dark choco mint were awesome (and I expected they would be) but I was surprised by the cran lemon zest ones, which were really great. There weren't any in the sample pack I tried that I didn't like. The dark choco espresso wasn't my favorite, but only because I don't like espresso - it still tasted pretty good though.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    they are all pretty much garbage just like protein drinks and shakes..stay away
  • mdrjr
    mdrjr Posts: 1
    Options
    If you are looking for a good source of protein I would suggest trying One World Whey protein from onlynaturalnutrition.com. The problem with other protein shakes and bars is that the protein in them has been denatured through heat. One world whey protein is the only protein powder where the protein has not been destroyed through heating. Also they don't use any artificial sweeteners or coloring and it tastes awesome.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    have you ever looked into You bar?

I LOVE YouBars! I am totally willing to pay the extra $$ for them. I love the discount for reordering, too.
  • cutiemexiz
    cutiemexiz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bumping this so I have more information :) But personally I liked the Luna Bar (S'mores flavor) its meant for women so you get the nutrients your body needs that men don't necessarily need as much of or any :) I am experimenting with homemade soon so I can know what I'm putting in exactly in protein, calories, etc. :)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I like to get anything that has over 20 grams of protein and preferably chocolate- peanut butter flavour. I think Atkins has a good one that I like.