2 minute egg sandwich

Options
2»

Replies

• DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It's all about the yolk. My omelettes tonight will have WHOLE eggs!

YESSSS Indeed the only way to eat eggs!!!! I love the yolk!!!

Did you ever try eating egg sunny side up without the yolk? It's very sad experience.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I tried this today! I even forgot to spray the mug, and the egg still came out just fine.

It would have been better with cheese (we didn't have the kind I like in the fridge today), but it was really yummy and totally reminiscent of my favorite Dunkin Donuts bacon, egg and cheese on English muffin (but much better for me with just two eggs, sea salt and cracked pepper and a whole wheat English muffin). I just did an egg and English Muffin sandwich today, but tomorrow I'm going to try it with a slice of cheese too.

Thank you so much for posting this!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Cooking the eggs in a coffee cup is a great idea--definitely going to try that! I'll put butter on the English muffin, but looking at your diary I'll save 20 cals by using large instead of extra large eggs, another 20 by using a Thomas's light English muffin, and 33 by dropping back to one slice of bacon (my brand is 27 cals/slice), so the calories won't be too far off if I stay under a tablespoon of butter.
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love my egg sandwich breakfasts. I usually use a very small egg pan, and haven't microwaved my eggs in quite a few years, but meant to re-try this. I bought some tiny silicone baking bowls, just for this purpose. Now you have inspired me to try it.

Another great addition is some Turkey Sausage. Found some pre-cooked for 40 calories a piece (serving size is 2 pieces but one was fine for an egg sandwich). I've been using sandwich thins or a tortilla for my sandwiches.

And with regard to yolks and whites, I love yolks but have been known to use 1 complete egg and two extra whites for some extra protein and volume.
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I know what I will be having for breakfast this weekend :)
  • bf1110
    bf1110 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome Idea Im gonna have to try that
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for posting!
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have microwaved egg on rye bread some mornings, plenty of pepper and it's good to go, quick and easy and less calories than a fried egg.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    That looks easy enough. I wonder how it would cook if you crumbled cooked bacon into the egg prior to microwaving.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Omg they look gorgeous I need to try this! :smile:
    AN EGG WITHOUT THE YOLK ISN'T AN EGG :noway:
  • clareabow
    clareabow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Could you crack the egg whole and cook it withoug mixing ?? Or would it explode ? haha :noway:
  • cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I make some thing similar all the time, but subsituted EggBeaters for real eggs....also note it's a good idea to spray coffee mug with cooking spray first so the egg slides out easily.....
  • wick09
    wick09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My son loves breakfast sandwiches, but can't see spending 5-7 bucks for a box of 4. You have given this lil guy his breakfast sandwich back :) Thank you
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Looks really yummy!
    I have never tried to cook eggs in the microwave but I will now. I don't have any english muffins but I have a 8 grain pita (100 calories) and some turkey bacon I can cook in the microwave. I will have this for breakfast tomorrow!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My son loves breakfast sandwiches, but can't see spending 5-7 bucks for a box of 4. You have given this lil guy his breakfast sandwich back :) Thank you

Plus some can be over 400 calories per sandwich, yikes!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting this. It did not even occur to me to cook eggs in the micro. I love mug recipes :)

Anyway, I didn't get to have my eggs this morning because I didn't have time to properly cook them in the pan. I could have done this though. I am very excited about this discovery. <3