HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Quit weed?!

tumblr_mm546g3Hgd1qdqllqo1_500.gif
    Ditto!!
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Quit cause it made me lazy, binge, and cause I joined the army.

Great memories though <3 Will never forget them :')
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Personally, I haven't quit smoking, and most likely never will. I indulge in the good herb everyday, and now can do so legally since I live in Washington. Hooray!!

Whoop!! And Zero calories. :wink: Where alcohol has calories. :ohwell: And doctor recommended for arthritis and fibromyalgia! :happy: And less pain :smokin: Thats a plus!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Also, because I value my lungs too much. Yes it's natural and yes there are no (well, shouldn't be any) additives, but inhaling smoke still is not good for you, no matter how you try to spin it! :)

This is very very true, and one point that I get annoyed stoners are always trying to make. Smoke is smoke is smoke is smoke, and even though there have been no official links from marijuana to cancer, there ARE links to emphysema and other lung diseases.

THC in and of itself has no drawbacks except developing a slight dependency, but it's so slight that there aren't even any proper "withdrawal" symptoms, just a couple days of being cranky while your system resets.

If you were to ingest marijuana using butter made from THC, there would really be no harm to your body long-term. Same with using a nebulizer or vaporizer. We actually purchased a vaporizer last year, but it was such a finnicky device to use that we'd always get impatient and just go back to the bowls :laugh:

you forget about the good old vaporizer. no smoke, just vapor. not bad for the lungs at all. and there has been a study done that showed pot smokers over time did not show a propensity to lung cancer like cigarette smokers did. so smoking it has a lot of tar in it, which is bad, but not any where near as bad as cigarettes. so theres that.

and vaporizers rule!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I agree... Just because you toke a little doesn't automatically mean that you are immature or you behave like you're 12.

Some people could say that alcohol is actually a gateway *drug*. In all actuality most people have gotten tipsy before they've gotten "high" or tried anything else. Plus you really never hear about families being killed by a driver who smoked some pot.

The funny thing, is that I tried other drugs and alcohol before I tried weed....I went backwards. lol.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I quit because it turned me in to a worry-wart, I get intense paranoia, and it takes all the fight out of me.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Haha, but you don't take tylenol pm first thing in the morning! Wake 'n' bakes were my daily routine for way too long.
    [/quote]
    I touch that stuff, and I'm face down asleep wherever I am. hehe
    [/quote]

Me too! 5 minutes and lights out!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I quit because I grew up and realized that, no matter my feelings on whether or not pot is harmless, it's against company policy. Losing my job and not being able to provide for my family is not an option.
  • Gongfu_1960
    Gongfu_1960 Posts: 23
    Options
    Well, I HAVEN'T quit because... It helps me with mood swings, appetite, and general state of mind.

[Highschool valedictorian, and a 3.8 GPA in college all while MOTAvated ;) ]

:bigsmile:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I ran out.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it should be legalized. But until it is, anyone who has to work to earn a living and risks that just to get high is irresponsible and self centered.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it should be legalized. But until it is, anyone who has to work to earn a living and risks that just to get high is irresponsible and self centered.

in NY anything less then 2 oz is a violation... its not even a crime. its basically a speeding ticket. This information isn't put into any database that i'm familair with, and since its not even a misdemenor, your not required to put it on a job application.

I can't imagine you'd loose your job over that... in NY anyway
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines includes this item:

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.