Cheating...

Options
Ok, tell me this. I'm good all week, couple things here and there. I work my booty off (literally).. workout 5 days for 45 to 50 minutes for the last 2 weeks or so. I've hit a stop at 119 lbs. Weight won't budge under that. Fluctuates between 121 and 119. SO... last night I cheated hardcore (Pizza, wings and cheesy bread and Lots of beer! Miller Lite) and I lose a pound and half overnight! What the??? Anyone know why this happened?? BTW, I changed up my workout yesterday to a 12 minute Tabata session and 15 minute Strength training session. Could this be my magic combination?? Input Input Input!!

Replies

• chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess I would think that the beer dehydrated you which is why you lost the weight.
  • leahward123
    leahward123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the zig zag, metabolic rush... You will see people have great results when they have a cheat day, they trick there metabolic system, keep it guessing, and voila, the weight just comes off. Check it out here...http://www.rippednaturally.com/zig-zag-diet.html. Congrats!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Ok, tell me this. I'm good all week, couple things here and there. I work my booty off (literally).. workout 5 days for 45 to 50 minutes for the last 2 weeks or so. I've hit a stop at 119 lbs. Weight won't budge under that. Fluctuates between 121 and 119. SO... last night I cheated hardcore (Pizza, wings and cheesy bread and Lots of beer! Miller Lite) and I lose a pound and half overnight! What the??? Anyone know why this happened?? BTW, I changed up my workout yesterday to a 12 minute Tabata session and 15 minute Strength training session. Could this be my magic combination?? Input Input Input!!

I was working out 6 days a week and the scale wasn't moving, last week I did 3 days and I lost 2 lbs. I dont know...
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Short answer --> Leptin
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Your body can get used to your exercise routine very quickly. If you are doing more or less the same workout routine over and over, then your body starts to get comfortable because it knows what your going to do. If you workout 5-6 times a week, try changing your routine(like you did with Tabata) every 3-4 workouts. Keep the body guessing!
  • hannahsauce
    Options
    I don't usually drink beer during the week. I'm more of a weekend warrior on that lol. I DO like my 2 glasses of wine on weeknights though! The dehydration theory is likely spot on though... I didn't think about that! The pizza, wings and cheesy bread was almost a 1000 calories!! I try to never go over 400 calories per meal, although I'm guilty of being a woman with certain needs at certain times of course... I am an admitted food addict as well. But I don't feel the need for anything "bad" to eat. It seems easier now to go back to the good eating than it used to be. Thanks for all the comments!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Maybe you jump started your metabolism?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't know that an overnight drop is attributable to anything but water, so I'm inclined to agree that you were probably dehydrated.
  • AshatanViz
    AshatanViz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always lose water weight after a night of drinking. It's probably water weight! To be sure, weigh again at the end of the week. Calorie cycling isn't a bad idea though! (Although you might want to do it in a healthier way for optimum results.)
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Even if it was dehydration don't get discouraged just keep on eating healthy and having a calorie deficit and the math will work things out. Also you need to have a night here and there where you switch things up to keep your body guessing, I would bet the dopamine and serotonin you got from having a good time will do more to help you continue on with the weight loss then a few calories.