I've stopped losing weight...Please help! Am i stalling?

Options
2»

Replies

• Misha6
    Misha6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Also, my wife adds them up sometimes and tells me rather than me looking them up. =)

I'm the one that cooks in my house, so when I make a meal I put it under recipes and save it. My boyfriend has his own profile, he views mine and copies the meal to his diary, and adjusts for serving size. Plus because I've saved the meal it is super easy for next time I have the same thing. Even if it's a little different I can always change a little real quick without having to re-enter everything. Just an idea. Let your wife save the meals she cooks under your recipes if she doesn't have MFP.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    do Scoobys and then just zigzag your cals and poof the fat melts off
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with someone who mentioned strength training, high intensity ones. Do powerlift squats, deadlifts shoulder presses and benches...for supplements add push ups, pull ups and dips. Building lean muscle mass will help you burn more fat. While you do this, eat more protein and healthy fats and moderate on carbs from the good kind such as veggies, fruit, legumes, nuts and seeds. Don't drink your calories, stick with water and don't eat processed foods. Calories is not the only you have to worry about, but you are also have to worry about macro nutrients to balance it out. When you eat refine carbs, your insulin levels shoots up and therefore stores it as fat.

Ok, thanks! But how many calories should I eat? If I plug my information into myfitnesspal it tells me to eat below my BMR which I know can send your body into starvation mode. If I plug my information into most any other site it shows me to eat above my BMR...

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    The best thing I did to bust my plateau was stop eating back my exercise calories. I get along just fine on 1700-1800 and the exercise calories are just a little bonus that help you lose faster.
  • adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating more? If your BMR is 2000 and you are exercising you should be eating more than 2000 calories per day.

I agree with the strength training. Add that 2-3 times per week with your 5k training and you should start noticing a change. Remember to stick with whatever you decide in order to break the plateau for more than 1-2 weeks. Try it for a month and if you don't notice a change then make other adjustments.

Take your measurements and don't rely on the scale alone.
  • jmcmath1988
    jmcmath1988 Posts: 16
    Options
    Have you tried eating more? If your BMR is 2000 and you are exercising you should be eating more than 2000 calories per day.

I agree with the strength training. Add that 2-3 times per week with your 5k training and you should start noticing a change. Remember to stick with whatever you decide in order to break the plateau for more than 1-2 weeks. Try it for a month and if you don't notice a change then make other adjustments.

Take your measurements and don't rely on the scale alone.

I am currently eating 2050 calories (I have been playing around with my calories on my profile so you may have seen something different) and then when I exercise I normally burn 400 additional calories and I eat back about 300 of those. I have been doing this for the past 3-4 weeks. I will start taking my measurements and try to keep up with that as well. Do you think I should eat more than 2050 calories? Should I maybe reset my metabolism by eating at my TDEE for 2 weeks and then start this up?
    Thanks for the advice!
  • jmcmath1988
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice!! Feel free to add anything else. =)
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Why is everybody missing the fact that it has only been two weeks since he hasn't lost any weight. That isn't a plateau. Your body isn't going to consistently lose weight every single week. You might go up or down a pound a few times, before it comes off, plus more. I would say anything longer than 4 to 6 weeks at the same number would be a plateau.
    And I'm guessing your weight loss has slowed a tiny bit because you are now closer to your goal weight.
    As others suggested though, maybe increading the calories might help - or zig zagging. Both have helped me, but I was stuck in a 3 month plateau.
  • jmcmath1988
    Options
    Why is everybody missing the fact that it has only been two weeks since he hasn't lost any weight. That isn't a plateau. Your body isn't going to consistently lose weight every single week. You might go up or down a pound a few times, before it comes off, plus more. I would say anything longer than 4 to 6 weeks at the same number would be a plateau.
    And I'm guessing your weight loss has slowed a tiny bit because you are now closer to your goal weight.
    As others suggested though, maybe increading the calories might help - or zig zagging. Both have helped me, but I was stuck in a 3 month plateau.

Thanks for the comment! According to Scooby's calorie calculator when exercising 1-3 times per week I should be eating 2197 calories to have a 20% fat reduction. The way I figure it if I work out harder than I plug in on Scooby's site and don't eat those calories back I will drop it a little faster. :) Or so I hope! thanks again!
  • myleadutcher
    Options
    Measure you inches. Sometimes when I stall on the scale, I am actually reducing inches. By measuring both you can track your progress. This will help you stay encouraged even if the scale isnt moving.
  • Sharon864
    Sharon864 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look up Chris Powell he helps people lose weight. In his book he said that you need to reset your body again eat more calories for two weeks and see what happens. Take measurments muscle weighs more than fat so the number on the scale is not your only source you should looking at. Your doing great don't give up
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    actually a pound of muscle and pound of fat is the same...the correct way to say it is muscle is denser than fat.
  • jmcmath1988
    Options
    Look up Chris Powell he helps people lose weight. In his book he said that you need to reset your body again eat more calories for two weeks and see what happens. Take measurments muscle weighs more than fat so the number on the scale is not your only source you should looking at. Your doing great don't give up

Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement!!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    TWO WEEKS IS NOT A STALL.