Help me be full!

Options
2»

Replies

• mnorris0821
    Options
    I changed my diary settings so you guys can all see it. I actually HATE water and I have to make myself drink it. I chug it at night because I'm trying to feel full. I chose 1350 calories because MFP selected that with my weight and everything I should eat 1200 a day. This was making me tired to I gave myself my calories.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    2- Egg salad sandwich (always fills me up)
    I think I just figured out what I'm going to have for dinner tonight. Thanks! LOL!

They are good! I like to chop up a little pickle and mix it in! :) mmmm
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I changed my diary settings so you guys can all see it. I actually HATE water and I have to make myself drink it. I chug it at night because I'm trying to feel full. I chose 1350 calories because MFP selected that with my weight and everything I should eat 1200 a day. This was making me tired to I gave myself my calories.

MFP is wrong. they really need to fix it, because it screws over tons of people

did you select 2lb a week? switch it to 1lb a week and see what it gives you.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    OMG since starting to follow a proper calorie intake I feel hungry all the time. All I think about is food . I found working out or a distraction like cleaning helps but sometimes I feel to shaky and just want to eat. I think my body is adapting to such a reduction in calorie intake and increase in activity levels. But although the weight is dropping well I feel well snappy and can't imagine me upkeeping the results when I meet my goal. I'll follow this for some useful tips/

then you're probably not at a proper calorie intake
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options

After looking at your diary, I think my advice is the same. Eat some fruits and vegetables. Real fruits and vegetables. Blueberry bagels do not count. Also, rethink your calorie goals.
  • mnorris0821
    Options
    Well, when switching it to 1lb a week it tells me to eat 1680 a day.

Also Saratf, I try. I hate veggies though. I guess I thought protein would make me feel full, not carbs. So I didn't focus on my veggies.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Also Saratf, I try. I hate veggies though. I guess I thought protein would make me feel full, not carbs. So I didn't focus on my veggies.

Veggies are something that you CAN develop a taste for and learn to love it. It's like beer,.. most people dislike it the first time they taste it.. but the more your palate becomes familiar with it, you learn to enjoy it.

I have found that most people who don't like veggies were raised in a household where they either were not served, or they were cooked poorly (over water logged over cooked blah) Try roasting some in the oven with olive oil, sea alt and a little parmesan. I don't believe in putting cheese and stuff on veggies for kids, but as an adult you might need to do a little bit to get your taste buds introduced to them again.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    50 grams of protein is not " a lot". Ditch the instant oatmeal for breakfast. Go with steel cut or ones without sugar and pair with a protein. I can make a huuuge egg white/veggie/cheese/bacon omelet for under 300 calories. Keeps me much more full than a packet of instant oatmeal. A kashi bar for lunch? No. That would just piss off my appetite. Make yourself a huge salad with some protein. Chicken breast or salmon with brown rice or quinoa with veggies or make a grilled chicken wrap on a whole grain tortilla or ezekial wrap. I find a combination of fats and protein make a satisfying snack. A babybel cheese with a handful of almonds. String cheese with some slices of turkey. If you're having trouble with water you could make a pitcher infused with fruit. I take a water pitcher and put strawberries mint and lime and let it sit in the fridge overnight and then sip on it all the next day.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

YES!

that means you're STILL at a deficit eating 1680 calories a day! 1200 (or 1350) calories is just not sustainable long term. even less sustainable for what you're trying to achieve. you won't get the tone you're looking for unless you eat more and work out hard. is it achievable? hell yes. and actually rather quickly, as long as you give yourself the FUEL you need!

1680. do it.
  • WhoButME28
    WhoButME28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the other responses on here so excuse me if mine is repeating itself but a few things to consider:

1 - Not Enough Calories: perhaps, for your height, weight and activity level, you could be under eating for your goal (cutting, losing weight or bulking, gaining size)

2 - Water: You mentioned drinking tons of water and it not doing the trick. If you're consistently drinking a gallon a day, raise that progressively to a gallon and a half

3- Fruits & Veggies: they are great in the sense that they cause of a feeling of fullness and are very low in calories. Aside of course of their health benefits

Good luck.
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hello to you

I had a look at your diary, and you have had some good advice here. I'll try to summarise it and add some hints as to why the advice may help you.

1: Steel cut oat meal: this has more fiber than regular, quick oatmeal, and will help you feel full. I walso want to add that with all the bread you are eating, subways and pizzas, you should make sure to always use whole grain bread. It is not only richer in nutrients, it makes you feel full quicker and longer. Try to find bread with more whole grain than white flour, and with no or very little sugar added.

2: Vegetables. They carry vital nutrients, important to help you feel more energetic, and also very important to keep your immune system working. Start trying out vegetables: get a cook-book and try them in different versions, until you find something you can tolerate enough to like. Until you have learned to enjoy it, just make yourself eat them. It is the best path to health and a strong and beautiful body.

3: Drop all the snack bars and "quick" food fixes. If you want to live healthy, you need to learn exactly what your food contains, and you need to read about what it does to your body. Many of those bars are heavy on sugar and starch, and while they may work as an easy meal in an emergency, they mainly take up the space in your diet that could be filled with clean meat, clean fish, real vegetables and slow carbs.

4: Learn to use whole grain versions of everything: Pasta, brown rice, bread - there are a lot of healthy options that will make you feel full.

5: Get some solid meat and fish, at least one meal a day, or if you prefer the vegetarian version, cheese, beans and peas, and avocado. This is your best source of protein and fats - oh, that reminds me, remember to use vegetable oils for cooking, and drop the butter.

I know this looks like a lot of work, if you are not used to cooking and preparing your own food, but one of your best gifts to your future self is to learn how to prepare the healthy food you need to stay strong and slim. It doesn't have to take a lot of time or be very fancy, but using fresh ingredients, cooking for yourself, is the best way to get the micro-nutrients that tend to be lacking from so much modern food. Which, again, is the cause of a lot of cravings.

Good luck! :smile:
  • jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary makes me hungry! Try and add in more real food. I've found that 2 hard boiled eggs is a lot more filling than a bowl of instant oatmeal. Add that with some cottage cheese or yogurt. Babybel and String cheese are quick and easy and more filling than chips from subway and you can throw in a 100cal package of nuts to go with it. Instead of peanut butter sandwiches, try peanut butter on celery. You get more food that way. Also, experiment with veggies. I used to dislike them. Growing up I thought the world consisted of 3 vegetables. Canned corn, canned green beans, and canned peas. No wonder I didn't like them. Experiment for yourself. Buy the frozen ones with seasoning that you only have to heat. You can dip all kinds of veggies in low cal hummus. If I'm really hungry I'll make a huge taco salad (without chips or just a little depending on where I'm at with calories). I allow myself a serving of meat, a serving of cheese, and all the lettuce, tomotoes, pico de gallo, salsa, and other veggies that I want. If I need some extra fat to fill me up then I'll add half an avocado. BTW avocados are very filling and much better than the quick meals/bars/etc.
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    Ha ha I was hoping this may be a suggestion, seeing as you gave some advisehope you don't mind me using you as sounding board but what do you think of increased protein? My intake says over today and all I've planned is smoked salmon 115grm (lunch) and 100grms chicken with other food of course e.g/ vegies/rice Is this to much then? I've heard that as you get older (I'm 35), your metabolism changes, trying to drop fat/ sugar carbs to meet daily recommended intake but like I said before I get quite shaky and never feel full. Lost 2.5llbs this week which is good but don't think sustainable as I feel unenergetic. Worked out 5 days so far this week about 200 minutes total. Is it still possible to eat more and loose weight with current exercise goal of 30 mins minimum a day (usually aim for 250 mins per week realistically) Thanks:smile: