Hello from Texas!

Options
2»

Replies

• Shreela
    Shreela Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Houston, and have been putting salsa on my eggs to appease my TexMex cravings :bigsmile:

Although I need (and want) to lose weight, my reasons for watching what I eat are health related. I'm trying to avoid a diagnosis of diabetes, so I've cut all quick carbs from my diet in the hopes of the next a1c (3-4 months average of blood sugars) being under the diabetic mark (my fasting blood sugar was under, so there is hope I believe).

Between just veggies and some fruit, meat, beans, and of course some fats, then cutting out high glycemic (fast) carbs, my calorie count has been less than 1200 since I started recording here last week.

I had been drinking sugared drinks until I got the first a1c results, but I switched to tea (cold, like many US, esp southerners). I use a family sized tea bag, and one fruit or herbal regular sized tea bag for flavoring, and add 1/2 tsp powdered stevia to sweeten. I get the sampler tea boxes that contain many flavors, and so far Celestial's Apple Cranberry has been the best.

I don't do chemical sweeteners anymore; it took months of cravings to break the diet coke addiction. And now aspartame tastes a little bit like poison (just like hubby told me, but I couldn't taste it while drinking a 2 liter bottle per day:noway: ). The stevia did taste "off" at first, so I recalculated so that I'd get half from stevia, and the other from real sugar, then tapered down over a few weeks. Stevia tastes fine now:happy:

Good luck!