Anyone wake up early to workout?

Options

Replies

• davote
    davote Posts: 7
    Options
    5:15 every day. Cup of coffee, walk the dog, then off to the gym.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 4:25,out the door at 4:40, get to gym by 5, work out for an hour and back home to be ready for first daycare kid to arrive at 6:45! I love working out in the morning. My husband is working nights now so sometimes if he does not get home in time I have to push my workout to the evening...it's doable but I PREFER MORNINGS!
  • mommy2313
    mommy2313 Posts: 9
    Options
    All y'all are SUPER MOTIVATING me!!! Heck if y'all can do it then soooo can I!! :)
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My alarm is across the room from me so I have to get out of bed to shut it off. Right next to my bed I put all my workout clothes, shoes and headphones if I'm running, sometimes I even sleep in my sports bra and the tee shirt I plan to wear.

I put my shoes on while I'm in the bathroom and hit the road for my run barely awake.

I found that it helped me to ease into things a bit so at first I set my alarm 15 minutes earlier than usual, the next week another 10 minutes earlier and so on until I got to the time I wanted to get up.

Oh and sometimes I get too involved reading or doing hobbies at night so I also set an alarm to remind me to get my butt to bed at a decent hour!
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I dislike mornings and they dislike me
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I love doing it early in the morning !!

Too many things can get in the way if I just want to do it at night
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I find getting enough sleep is the best way to make sure I get up. If I'm short on sleep and tired, I can't do it.

That said, I have a timer for my nightstand lamp. It pops on at the same time my alarm goes off and it's really the best way to help me wake up.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    hah i saw this post and i was all puffed up about like waking up at 6 am to work out but you all are totally amazing getting up at 4AM? holy crap! thats awesome!
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 3AM. I'm at the gym by 3:20.

I have that internal argument going on every morning. "Get up, this is your time!" and "Oh FFS!, sleep all the way to 5! Imagine how sweet that would be!"

...and every morning I just get up.

Good golly. 3AM? What time do you go to bed? I get up at 5 AM for work, so i work out in the afternoon.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I do. My "gym" is my garage. If I don't do it in the morning when the temp is down, I won't do it. By the time I get home in the afternoon, the garage is like an oven.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Yep! I get up at 4:30 am to work out to DVD's. It's the only way it's gonna happen right now.

I am pushing to get up at 4 am as I would like to do a longer DVD, but so far I just haven't had it in me. Guess I need to get to sleep before 11:30 pm. :tongue:
  • gparks
    gparks Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am usally at work by 7 - 7:30 so my alarm goes off at 4:30 am. I moved the clock away from the bed so that I will have to get up to turn off that loud horrible sound, if it was on music, I would probably sleep through it. Once I am up, I go wash my face first and I am good to get started. So, at about 4:45 I start on my aerobic step bench.
  • GAB219
    GAB219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The only time I exercise in the morning is when I didn't have time the night before. My son have to be at the daycare NLT 0730 so I get up around 0445 and I do 30 mins or more if time permits.

I have 2 alarms set up, but once the first alarm goes off, I'm awake and by the second alarm, I'm up and out of bed. Luckily for me, I don't have to go to the gym to work out, we have numerous dvds, treadmill, bowflex home gym, selecttech dumbbells, and a dog. No more excuses for me ;)
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    5:30 or 5:45 depending on which workout I'm doing, either way I have to be done by 6:45am. If I don't do it first thing in the morning it usually doesn't get done. I typically get up at 6am anyways so its not that much of a sleep sacrifice. Its harder in the fall / winter since is colder, harder to part with your bed and it's still dark out.
  • Austinetc
    Austinetc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get up at 3:10 Tuesdays and Thursdays to spend an hour in the gym. It is so peaceful. (I'm on the train at 5:19.) I'm usually up at 5:00 on Saturday/Sunday.

One of my tricks (which I often conveniently forget about) is to say to myself "Stop thinking! Just get up!".

We all tend to overanalyze situations too much, choosing the least uncomfortable option. Is it too cold? Did I stay up too late to get up so early? Is it too late to put in an effective workout before work? Am I too sore? Am I too hungry? Are all my workout cloths in the wash?

As Nike says, Just do it! Just get up.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5am and start Zumba'ing at 515
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    5:00 a.m. and I just do it whether I want to or not. No excuses. Once I'm up and moving, I feel so much better.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 3AM. I'm at the gym by 3:20.

I have that internal argument going on every morning. "Get up, this is your time!" and "Oh FFS!, sleep all the way to 5! Imagine how sweet that would be!"

...and every morning I just get up.

Good golly. 3AM? What time do you go to bed? I get up at 5 AM for work, so i work out in the afternoon.

8:30. I put earplugs in and roll over. It's a bit short on sleep, but those 2 hours in the morning when everyone else is asleep is the only time I can consistently get time to myself.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    everyday at 5am i'm up, eating a light snack and then working out for 45mins-1hr.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 am to work out M-F. Roll out of bed and hit the cardio or weights (depending on the day), completely fasted. I don't even drink water prior. Just make yourself do it, willpower