Fitbit Flex - Any Opinions?

Options
Hey all! Does anyone have a Fitbit Flex? I saw the ad and it looks intriguing! Wondering if its worth the money or if I should go with maybe the Fitbit One instead or perhaps even something else completely.

Whaddya think?

Replies

• SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Oh, okay, I just noticed that it's not out on the market yet. Coming soon, it says. My bad. :blushing:
  • 4everchanged101
    4everchanged101 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    actually some best buys have them out. just bought one today. :)
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just got mine today.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Interesting that Best Buy has them out already...I wish I had thought to look last week when I was there. I might have to stop again this weekend, I want the Flex really bad-and it looks like it won't be out through fitbit.com before my Tough Mudder in a month
  • jessicah12
    jessicah12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just purchased mine today @ Best Buy... so excited have been looking for something like this for a long time. :bigsmile:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    I preordered mine from Best Buy. Got the email about it being ready today. Can't wait to play with it
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It was showing unavailable at my local stores yesterday, and there it is in stock today! Gonna run over and check it out. I know hubby wont mind inheriting my Ultra because he's currently using my original, which he had to super glue together.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Damn, the Best Buys in Canada don't seem to have them yet. But I'm going to Vegas in about a week so hopefully I can pick one up there. :wink:
  • adammarkwalker
    Options
    i dont understand the love for these, arent they just posh looking pedometers, or am i missing something?
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Gonna head over to Best Buy tonight and hope they've got one left in stock for me!
  • blueskygbcn
    blueskygbcn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i dont understand the love for these, arent they just posh looking pedometers, or am i missing something?

It's much more than a pedometer to me. I get the weekly reports sent to my email stating how many net calories were lost/gained over the week, average daily amount of steps or mileage, etc. I find this VERY useful. It's kind of idiot proof for me which I like. It gives the total calories burned over the day, rather than just walking calories, so I know how many calories I can consume and still lose. I love it. A cheap pedometer would do nothing for me.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    fb-1357622394.jpg

Even the Black one looks femine, I will keep my Ultra until it dies, then maybe buy a One.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One (had the Ultra also)... I didn't go with the wristband one since I play volleyball and I wear my FitBit during. Having it on my wrist just wouldn't work.

However, if I didn't use it for volleyball, I probably would have gotten one!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    fb-1357622394.jpg

Even the Black one looks femine, I will keep my Ultra until it dies, then maybe buy a One.

I'm with you, I kinda like the fact that I can hide my Ultra on my bra PLUS it has the digital display. I heard the Flex doesnt disply.
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    Damn!! Have been waiting for the flex to come out for ages, finally gave up on Wednesday and ordered a Jawbone Up band. I knew this would happen lol!!
  • musulinmg
    musulinmg Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey guys! I have had a Jawbone UP band since January and I am liking it! After becomming very interested in fitness trackers...FitBit caught my eye. Does anyone think that it is worth it to try out the FitBit Flex or any of their products? I have heard different things as to whether one is more accurate over the other. What's your opinion on the step acuracy of the UP vs Flex? I think I want to try it out!
  • getrealforme
    Options
    I had an Fitbit Ultra, and my dog chewed it up. I've been waiting for the Flex to come out. I didn't realize that they were out at Best Buy. How much are they?
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It's $99. Just got home from Best Buy with the slate color. They didn't have the package of multi-colored wristbands yet so it will have to look dull for a while. It will be strange to be without the display since I'm so used to the One, but I figure I can return it if I really hate it. I always lose the other one (in the washer once...was shocked it actually recovered) so the wristband should be a big help.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Just got home with my Fitbit Flex. Amazingly enough, the small wristband actually fits me. Woohoo! I've set up my account and I've calculated my stride with my treadmill, so as soon as it's done charging, I'm ready to go!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Mine's in transit. It should be here after the weekend and I'll be on vacation so it'll be a good time to play with it.